Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HCM-Success Factor Integration

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to do SAP HCM to Success Factor Integration using PI 7.4 Java stack only version.

I have following doubt here -

1. How to handle login - logout session handling here. Is using SFSF adapter automatically handle all those thing and we need not create separate interface for this as we do this when configure using SOAP = HTTP(AXIS) adapter.

Please provide comprehensive details . If possible step by step configuration.

2. In HCM side we need to use proxy and create sender side data type as per the requirement or not.

3. For mapping we need to take input from client or standard mapping will work.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Das, 1.Login, Logout and Session Handling - The SFSF adapter uses basic authentication (user ID and password) for verifying the identity of the user. When you log in to the SuccessFactors system, it generates a session token that is required for transacting with the system. The SFSF adapter uses this token for session handling. The adapter internally takes care of login, logout and session handling 2.you can use the standard content from HCM end . no need to create the DT .... 3) please check the below links for Successfactor Integration with HCM system Using SAP PI http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/01/22/successfactor-integration-with-hc... 1) SuccessFactors (SFSF) Adapter for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Link : http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/03/07/successfactors-sfsf-adapter-for-s... ii) SAP HCM and SuccessFactors BizX Integration Using SAP PI http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/02/27/sap-hcp-and-successfactors-bizx-i... Regards Srinivas

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

1. Ok so login , logout and session handling need no extra effort now . SFSF adapter will handle all these things internally. Is there and specific configuration we need to do for this or normal configuration will help. Why I am asking is - we have not deployed SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, connectivity add-on 1.0 yet so that I can check the options available in channel.

2. So should we use proxy in the HCM side or web service communication will be nice.

I have gone through the linked mentioned above already. Is there any good blog or document from where I can get idea regarding which standard operational mapping and message mapping (provided in SFIHCM01 600) can be used for which function like sending employee data , compensation details etc and how.

Please reply urgently.

Thanks,

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Anyone to answer.

Thanks

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. for your second question,

check this.

Integration Using Middleware - Integration Add-On for SAP ERP Human Capital Management and Succ - SA...

The Web services used for the integration add-on are in the Enterprise Services Repository (ESR) in the following namespaces of the software component version SFIHCM01 600:

2. List of services interfaces

Integration Content for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration - Integration Add-On for SAP ERP Human Cap...

3. information about all add on version

Integration Add-On for SAP ERP HCM and SuccessFactors HCM Suite – SAP Help Portal Page

4. if you want to check the mapping in ESR, first download the xi content SFIHCM01 600 from market place and import into ESR. you can check the objects. (go to service market place download page and search keyword "SFIHCM01" )

5. you can also download complete RDS package from below link which will have all required documentation.

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/rds

Please note additionally configurations required in ECC and SF also.

6. SFSF vs SOAP

SFSF

i am not sure if there is any delivered content available for SFSF adapter.it is in road map. better check with SAP.

if there is no content then you have to take care of proxy coding.

This is where i am getting confused. why do i need to go for SFSF adapter when there is already delivered content available for SOAP.

SOAP:

To connect PI with Successfactors webserice, you have to use SOAP adapter with AXIS protocol. Login and logout interfaces are common for all operations.

one soap axis receiver channel is required for login

one soap axis receiver channel is required for other interfaces

you can find the module configurations for axis channels in channel templates in ESR. updated xi content will have correct configurations.

For example, if you want to send employee details to SF. you run the report in ECC, which will call proxy. First login interface will be called, then employee interface and last log out interface.

7. you need SFSF adapter also for example if you are having on boarding scenario. this is because some services are not soap based.

SFSF adapter installation is not complex one. it should be installed easily.

Regards,

Muni

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

Thanks for your reply.

Its bit clear now to me how should I progress.

I have opened another discussion regrading few others doubts could you please check that and help me to go further -

I appreiate your help.

Thanks,