cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO SNP error during Location heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to execute the Location option on my SNP planning book and getting this error and no values are being calculated for Production planned. Any suggestions on where should i be looking to fix this ?

No language-specific unit defined in language EN for internal unit ST

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to planning area (/SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN). Double click on your planning area and check whether Unit of measure is assigned to planning area.

If that is not the case then assign UoM and initialize the planning area. I hope thereafter you should not get this issue.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rahul. But my planning area is coming in DISPLAY only mode and I could not find the EDIT icon to make this change in (/SAPAPO/MSDP_ADMIN), should I de-initialize and then try or does not matter ?

thanks

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your planning area is already initialized (that could be the reason its coming in Display Mode) then you need to de-initialize and then make the changes in UoM.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Alok

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are not working with standard planning area provided by SAP. If yes then you shouldn't change this. If it's your own custom PA (copy of standard) then De-initialize your planning area (right click and then will see the same, do it in background). Thereafter put UoM and initialize. Make sure that there is no time series KF else data would be lost.

Though I suspect that you are working with standard PA.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190993
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Process,

You can not edit a planning area when it is in initialized status (green status). To be able to change it and update the UoM, you need to de-initialize it, make changes and re-initialize.

Please make sure you do not have any time series data in your planning area, else the data loss will be there for those key figures. It's OK otherwise if you are using the std. SNP planning area 9ASNP02.

I think UoM would already be there in your planning area as it is a mandatory field before saving/initializing a planning area, you only should need to change the UoM so that your SNP heuristic can understand it for the SKUs you are running planning for.

Regards,

Umesh