cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add library to buildspace in CBS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a Web Dynpro application that uses com.sap.security.api library and are having a problem figuring out how to build it in CBS. We can build the application locally by providing the proper classpath, but it will not build in CBS because the library cannot be found

Apparently, this library isn't in the SAP-JEE component included in the CBS as a default part of the configuration. How do you include a SAP library (jar) in an application built in CBS? Is there a component dependency we need to define in SLD and a SCA file we have to import? Or, is this done in some other way?

Thanks.

Rob

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, the library in question is in the SAP-JEE component - we just missed it the first few times around. So, the answer is to add it in as a used DC.

However, it would be interesting to know how to include other jars in the buildspace if we do come across that condition. I'm still not quite clear on how to do that and there doesn't appear to be a step-by-step guide anywhere.

-r

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this same question, and I would be interested to know if you've found a solution yet. I'm thinking about how to deal with external vendor code that we may want to import into our environment to track changes - slightly different concept, but I think the path to the solution will be the same.

From the research I've done, I think you would create a new component and import the external modules into the component. You would then setup a dependancy on the component, and that should be that.

Anyone else care to help us out?