cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Document to work order from BOM and printing long text attached to a material

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone is doing fantastic and is ready to wrap up the year on a good note

I have two questions related to DMS and Plant Maintenance:

1. When creating an Equipment BOM (Tcode IB01) I see that I can add an item with item category 'D' which is basically a DMS DIR that already has been created in the system. I can also add an item with Item category 'T' which is just text.

When I go in IW31 to create a work order and bring up this BOM, I can add the item with category 'N' (non stock) and 'T' (Text) but not the 'D'. It gives me the following error:

While looking for answers online, I also found that in VOV4, you can change the Item Category properties. I could not find what to do there though. Any comments, suggestions?

2. I could attach the item with category 'T' to my work order from the Equipment BOM. When I am trying to print the work order, it is not printing the long text attached to the component.

If I have some instructions that i have added as text in the Equipment BOM and when I am adding it to the work order, I would like it to get printed when I am printing the work order.

Any suggestions on any of the two questions I mentioned would be much appreciated folks.

Thanks,

Sumer.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Any thoughts, experts?