cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custome Adapter Module in Receiver channel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am developed  new custom adapter module  and I want it to be called after the execution standard module in File receiver channel.

But I am getting a Null pointer exception as it has lost the reference to ModuleData while the custom module is invoked.

*****Error message

Transmitting the message to endpoint <local> using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.lang.NullPointerException: while trying to invoke the method com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.Message.getMessageId() of a null object loaded from local variable msg

But When the same module is placed before standard "CallSapAdapter", it is getting executed successfully.

Could some please advise if we can call a custom module after standard Sap "CallSapAdapter" module.

Part code:

obj =  inputModuleData.getPrincipalData();

msg = (Message)obj;           

loc = Location.getLocation(getClass().getName());

this.trace = moduleContext.getContextData("trace");

this.key = new MessageKey(msg.getMessageId(), msg.getMessageDirection());

Getting error @this.key = new MessageKey(msg.getMessageId(), msg.getMessageDirection()); as msg object is null.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's ur requirement?

This is how adapter will behave if you call your custom module after the standard sap module.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inthiyaz,

I am developed  new custom adapter module  and I want it to be called after the execution standard module in File receiver channel.

This is not possible unless your scenario is synchronous. Even then, it will be executed for the response message and not for the request. What is your requirement?

Regards,

Mark