cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validate Purchase request price against Outline agreement price

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement,when user is saving a PR with a reference to an outline agreement, the system should give an error message if the PR estimated price is less than the outline agreement price. Kindly suggest solution to achieve this requirement. Thanks In advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you have a price for a material in outline agreement and why a PR will be created with different price for same source?

You decide when a PR will be created - you want price from material master or valuation price in PR from outline agreement.

Without any development- when a PR will be created, the price picks in PR from material master and if you want valuation price in PR from outline agreement, then go for development by using badi:

ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST with method PROCESS_ITEM

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Biju,

Thanks for your advise.

We are trying to find solution for the below situation

-Requestor creates a PR for an estimated price manually (say 100Rs)

-Reference an outline agreement to this PR item (the price for this item on the outline agreement is 1000 Rs)

-Approver approves the PR (goes to only 1 level of approver for it’s only 100 Rs)

-Background job automatically converts the PR to a PO (as it’s referencing an outline agreement)

-The system will pick the outline agreement price when it’s converted into a PO (this is standard SAP behavior).

Outcome: The PO to the supplier worth 1000Rs although the PR was approved for 100Rs.

Client requirement is to ensure the right level of PR approval is obtained because there is a chance of users can bypass some approval levels by entering low prices in the PR.

Let me know if you have any suggestion on the same. 

Regards,

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The price in PR is always defaulted as the valuation price of the material. If you need additional validation, you may check the feasibility of development with BAdI: ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST with your own logic.

Regards,

AKPT