cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

powerbuilder 12.5 dropdown issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an application in PB 11.5 and recently we migrated this to PB 12.5.

Migration was successful and when we try to open the screens in the application we are getting the below error.

A database error has occurred.

Database error code:  208

Database error message:

Select Error: SQLSTATE = 42S02

Microsoft SQL Native Client

Invalid object name '************'.

where ************ --> Table name

I analyzed and found that whereever table name in the select query is mentioned without databasename and schemaname this error occurs.

If I modify the table name like databasename.schemaname.tablename then I am not getting this error.

I wonder how come it works without any error in PB 11.5 since there databasename and schemaname is not mentioned with table name.

Please confirm whether this issue belong PB 12.5 version or should I do anything.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, nothing has changed in this area.  The problem appears to be related to how your application connects to the database instance and, perhaps, how your users are defined within the database. The first thing you should check is whether your application is actually connecting to the correct database.  Along those lines, you should verify that the connection is made using the correct credentials.  That means that your app is correctly setting the various attributes of the transaction object. It is easy to see the userid and password set in the transaction object and easier to overlook an incorrect setting for trustedconnection.

The next thing to check is the default schema of the user(s) that are defined in your connection string at the time of the connection (or assumed when using a windows account).  You mention a PB upgrade but nothing about the database server.  Did anything change at the server level? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply!

I found that DB Parm settings in the ini file was incorrect. Hence, we were facing the issue. After correcting this, I resolved this issue.

Thanks,

Theenmoorthy.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

Has anything changed in the DBMS client connection mechanism or user credentials that you are using to connect to your DBMS in PB 12.x vs 11.x?

regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

I found that DB Parm settings in the ini file was incorrect. Hence, we were facing the issue. After correcting this, I resolved this issue.

Thanks,

Theenmoorthy.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent news!  

If that fixes the issue - please mark your question as answered ...  thanks!