cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP not respecting safety stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

We have a material at a DC where we just keep fixed safety stock of 900 LB (safety stock type SB). At this point there are no receipts and just a couple of sales orders for about 200 LB on Day3 and another 100 LB on day 7.

Please correct me if I am wrong SNP is supposed to recognize the safety stock and turn the supply shortage row in planning book to 900 on day1, 1100 on day3 and 1200 on day 7.  But SNP shows no such changes in supply shortage row.

However when I switch to product view, PPDS is recognizing exactly -900 on day1, -1100 on day3 and -1200 on day 7.

We use customized planned books. I tried checking the same in SNP94 books and they look the same.

Has any one come across this situation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have mentioned that it's customized planning book, check if you have any macro which is effecting this.

Regards

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

I already indicated in my original post that "I tried checking the same in SNP94 books and they look the same."

There is no macro in the standard book...Thanks for taking time to respond though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

KA,

Expert Rahul provided good advice. Sometimes the safety stock section of the standard macro "Safety Stk/Reorder Pt/Target Stock Lvl"

gets hosed (that's a technical term). Check the macro in standard vs. your copy. Go row by row. Sometimes the KF changes.

If you don't have the macro then either it wasn't copied from the standard when your book was created or it is not set as one of the default macros.

Come back if the macro is really OK.

Best regards,

Mike