Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change Account status

LisaD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We replicated our accounts from CRM to C4C, but unfortunately, they all got created with the status In Preparation (lesson learned). We now want to change them all to Active, but the mass change capability does not support changing the status for the account object.

I tried setting up a workflow rule to Activate the account on every save, then performed a mass change on batches of accounts to update an unimportant field (Language). My thinking was that when the mass change updated every record, the workflow rule would be triggered and the record would be activated that way. Unfortunately, I think there might be a bug because while the mass update worked, the workflow rule only got triggered for one record in each of my batches.

Does anyone know of a way (other than SDK) that I can accomplish this? I find it hard to believe that SAP doesn't support mass changes of account status and that the only way to do it is to go into each and every record.

Thanks in advance!

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Lisa

Another colleague just shared this as well:

She should be able to use the data migration tool for customer, and modify existing records. She’d need the Account ID in C4C and the status value.

Download the customer data migration template, and fill in the necessary fields in the general tab, then use the Data Migration Tool, accessed via the Integrate and Extend tab of Open Activity List in BC.

Go to “Migration of Customers”, and select “Migrate customers using the migration tool”. She would upload the Data from Migration tenant, and under Properties, she would select “Modify already existing records”.

-ginger

LisaD
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

Thank you so much to you, and your colleague, for this suggested approach. It worked great! I assumed the migration tool was used for the initial creation only and didn't know there was an Update existing records feature.

I am sure this will be very helpful to others, too. In my research this morning I noticed somebody else had a similar requirement to me but hadn't found a way to do it.

Thanks again!

Lisa

0 Kudos

Great Lisa -  I'm glad it worked - Thanks!

- thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ginger,

Thanks for the post.

We have a similar query.

We have a scenario, where we block prospects in day to day working.

After a period of time we would like to unblock them at one go.

If there any other way of changing the status of prospects/customers at the user level?

Business users would not be having migration tool access.

Regards,

Vaibhav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lisa,

Even I will suggest you to go with the approach that Ginger gave using the Migration template. Just use the Modify already existing records option.

Please note that this option ONLY those values which you will be inserting in the template with respect to the key field for the records would get modified.

Regards,

Chandan

0 Kudos

You could try mass modify using this article published - you could modify any objects in an excel consuming the webservice(In this case Account web service)

http://scn.sap.com/community/business-bydesign/blog/2015/05/15/mass-changes-of-byd-data-using-excel-...

Another approach would be to write a small application(java/C#) to read data from an excel (should have the account list which needs to be updated)and consume the Account webservice to update the status.