Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date format in Analysis for Excel

bergbomb
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any ideas how I can change the format to a "real date format" ?

I have a query result in Analysis, showing some date fields (info object Data type DATS (8)) but I can't really use the result format as a date.

I can't, for instance, calculate number of days, since the filed is treated as a text field.

Any workarounds that coud be helpful ?

Thanks

Björn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reyemsaibot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

when I have fields with date format, for example like 23.09.2015 you have to put them into the right order.

23.09.2015 => 20150923 (Length of 😎

SAP BW works with the 20150923 format for a date.

Tobias

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

reyemsaibot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you solve your problem?

james_batchelor2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I just went to AAO 1.4.

Brought in 2 date fields.  They are in Excel as 'date value (text)  but if I do a subtraction on the two fields, I get the number of days between.

I also looked at several Date functions.. ie Month(serial number)  and they work..

Keep in mind..these are Excel functions and not tied to the Result Area like an AAO calculation...so watch out on refresh.

james

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 2.2, the Excel formula to calculate the difference between dates works - see below:

The last column shown above is scheduling the dates between scheduled meter readings.  It works after the refresh too.

I'm on SP1 of 2.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn,

Did you find a solution for this problem? We are facing the same issue. The users would like to do calculations with dates but with A-Office not recognizing the date format is not possible.

Thanks in advance,

Eva