cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the filter for the user - what can I do to find the problem and solve it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am exploring SAP Lumira, and although online there is an extensive amount of information, I am not able to solve the following problem. I want to create report for all business units, so that they themselves can zoom in on their business unit using a filter. Therefore i use all the information and I add a filter for the user (selectin al values), so that he/ she can filter the information.

This looks good at my own compose screen, but when I save it on the server and I try top open it throug Business Object, I see the the filter, I see that multiple values are in it, but when I clcik the dropdown menu I only get the loading sign and I do not get the list of business units, which I did see when I was working in Lumira in the compose area. Hence what is going wrong, how can I solve it? For my own learning, how did you know the answer/ where did you find it? Thanks in advance!

Note: I am using an excel sheet as datasource for simplicity and I use version 1.27.2. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Timo - to clarify, are you deploying Lumira to the BI platform when you experience this issue?  Does the user have all the rights?

Is there any chance/possibility of upgrading it to 1.28.2 - as there are several improvements? 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Sorry for bothering you again. We are still testing Lumira, but if I understand you correctly: I save the file at the BI server. Then I open the Lumira web portal (SAP BusinessObjects).

That is the place where the filter does not really correct well. I assume that that user has all the rights (we are testing Lumira, so we did not put any restrictions, as far as I know).

For the time being I can not upgrade, but what are the improvements at this point compared to 1.28.2?

Am I correct, that when I want to filter the data for the user (so he/ she is not able to see part of the data), I add a filter in the visualize phase, but when I want the user to filter the data, then I only put a filter in the compose phase, so that the user himself can play around?

Thanks!

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo - did you install the Lumira add-on to the BI Platform?

Did you use an input control in the Compose phase?  I think sharing some screen shots would help - use the camera icon to upload

This blog by Carlos explains what is new in 1.28:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I don't know about the add on, whether it is installed, I have to ask around for that.

About the input control, yes i added this in the compose phase (see the picture at the bottom). And I checked all boxes in order to maintain all the data.

Thoug at the BO server (picture below) I am not able to see the values which I checked in the compose phase.

Thanks for your help!

(This is what I see at the BO server)

Compose phase:

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo - please check with your BI admin about the BI add-on for Lumira being installed.  I think that will help!