cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while coonecting excel to sap hana using S&OP addin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the S&OP addin in my system.

When I open excel and try to login to SAP HANA by entering connection name , my hana server URL and through lookup planning areas. It is throwing me below error.

INVALID MODEL : DEFAULT

My hana box is SPS 09 and using excel 2010

Please note this is the first time I'm logging into SAP HANA through excel addin and have no planning areas in sap hana.

Please let me know why this error is appearing and some possible solution.

Thanks in Advance

-Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil

As you mentioned that there are no planning areas in the system, so the error message is correct. You cannot login into the excel without planning area.

In order to login into the excel, you need to create the planning area and associated objects.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for the quick response.

This is the first time I'm trying to connect my Excel addin S&OP to SAP HANA so I don't have any planning area other than default one selected in the drop down.

I was expecting, I can connect to SAP HANA and create planning areas using this DEFAULT planning area.

Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or my understanding is not correct.

Regards

-Anil

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil

The excel UI is not intended for the configuration and creating planning area. The WebUI is used for the configuraiton. Hence you need to login into the WebUI and create the planning area first. Once you have created the planning area, then you can login into the excel to see the data.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

The S&OP plugin is for you to open the S&OP planning view on Excel. Hence you need to provide a planning area model name for the connection.

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yeu,

How can I create planning area model name as it is the first time I'm connecting.

I was expecting, I can create planning area using after logging in to SAP HANA.

Should I create a planning area in SAP HANA?

0 Kudos

There are quite a few steps involved here.

First you need to copy a standard sap model.  Advanced Copy.

Activate the same, and then load data.

After the data load you can see the data via the excel plug in.

You may want to check the help.sap.com/ibp50

yeushengteo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

If you have installed the S&OP application on your HANA server, you will be able to launch Web UI to setup and configure your planning area.

Please read the documentation in SAP Sales and Operations Planning 3.0, Powered by SAP HANA – SAP Help Portal Page

Regards.

YS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Can you please let me know how can I access Web GUI for S&OP so that I can create planning areas?

Regards

-Anil

parveen_kumar6
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil

It is simple. Enter the Hana Server URL in the browser and use the credentials to login to WebUI.

Thanks

Parveen Kumar