cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to calculate Tcode execution count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends ,

I request your help with a few points. I need to customize a GRC report which is currently fetched from NWBC. I need to replicate most of the functionality of the standard report. But the challenge is that I dont know the standard report which fetches raw data because it is triggered from NWBC.

1. Need to calculate how many times ( execution count ) a tcode was run by a user.

2. Is it possible to get the standard reports which fetch data from NWBC. The report is generated as shown in attached screenshot.

Please let me know if I can add any further details for clarity.

Thanks

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor

Dear Vivek,

the program synchronises each execution of an action to the table GRACACTUSAGE for action usage and role usage to GRACROLEUSAGE.

To get the calculated number of executions by a user you need to count the entries in the table. Last execution can also be read since the execution date for each single execution is stored with a timestamp.

From SQL point of view you can use:

SELECT user, max(execution_date), count(*) from GRACACTUSAGE GROUP BY user

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

Thanks for your response. What you suggested does make sense. But I need to confirm on one point. The user would be executing  Tcodes in ECC environment.  And this execution count needs to be accessed in GRC production .

Is it possible to get Tcodes execution count in ECC from GRACACTUSAGE in GRC Production ?

I tried :

- hitting GRACACTUSAGE from GRC production for one of the users and Tcode

- ran Tcode - SM20 in ECC prod. 

When I tried to match these 2 reports, only 5 entries were matching for date 20140708. Only date was matching, time stamp was different.

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right place may be ..... Could you please help Alessandro ?

Thanks

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

i was able to proceed with table GRACMGMTACTUSAGE. This table gave execution count and was consistent with the NWBC report count.

Your inputs were correct. The challenge was that the User did not maintain the data consistently. But yes, we can get execution count the way you suggested.

Thanks again for your help.

Vivek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member197694
Active Contributor

Hello Vivek,

May be this is additional information useful to you.

Tcode execution count will be calculated on sync job GRAC_ACTION_USAGE_SYNC.

Once this job completed successfully then check table GRACALACTLOG in SE16 for fields

LASTEXECUTEDON and EXECUTIONCOUNT.

Regards

Baithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You can get report NWBC report and Analytics work certer for this you had to configuration maintain parameter settings.

Regards,

Visu

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

report Action usage by user, role and profile, will give the execution count per tcode

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Plaban,

Thanks for your response. Could you please elaborate. I didnt get which object I need to hit to get the execution count.

Thanks

Vivek

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

this report is available under Reports and Analytics tab. then fill System and other Mandatory fields, and this will give you the execution count, of a t-code, by a user

BR

plaban