cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver file adapter corrupting characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have an outbound article/material interface from R/3 that goes through XI 3.0 NW04 SP17 to create a flat file. The data contains characters such as ž and š from the Czech Republic character set. As both our R/3 and XI systems are both Unicode, they seem to hold and carry through these characters fine; however, when XI creates the final output file from the message, these characters are corrupted:

štúuýž

becomes

¹túuý¾

In the receiver communication channel, I have tried all of UTF-8, ISO-8859-1 and ISO-8859-2 file encoding settings. The above example is from the ISO-8859-2 setting. The other two convert the problem characters to question marks ‘?’.

Am I using the incorrect file encoding setting here or is there something else I’m doing wrong?

Many thanks,

Stuart Richards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The file is correct, but when you view the file, you have the wrong codepage.

When your file is ISO-8859-2, then the characters are correct, but when you watch this and your settings are ISO-8859-1, then you see wrong characters.

š = ¹

ž = ¾

Open the file in Internet Explorer and choose the correct codepage, then you see the characters correctly.

Regards

Stefan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses all. Stefan, you are absolutely right! Using Central European encoding within IE instead of Western European shows the characters up correctly; ISO-8859-2 required as the encoding in XI.

Points awarded.

Stuart

turmoll
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that RFC destination (on R/3) pointing XI has a flag Unicode enable checked.

sm59->"Special Options" tab -> "Character Width in Target System" -> Unicode

Regards,

Jakub

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos