Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One mat - Two Storage Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need your guidance for below scenario :

We have Mat A storage in two storage type FG1 and FG2.

Storage Type FG1 has storage unit type - ST1

Storage Type FG2 has storage unit type - ST2

So during TO creation system shall determine the storage unit type as per the selection of Storage unit types !

How to achieve this ?

Regards,

Om

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello OM,

I'll try to explain better.

To pull this off you should have defined following:

1) a putaway strategy for the specific storage type, because if there is none, system will wait for user input.

2) Storage type search sequence we can use *** to search the whole WH.

3) Defined SUTs.

4) OMM1 Assigned SUTs to the storage type.

Let's say we have WH 001, STs 001 and 002, SUTs 01 (box of 6 pcs) and 02 (box of 8 pcs) and 03 (box of 12 pcs) and material A. I want to put 6 pcs to ST 001 and 8 and 12 pcs to ST 002.

1) Both STs have defined strategy for putaway let's say "B".

2) Storage type search sequence is set for the whole WH by putting *** in transaction OMLY.

3) I have defined SUTs 01, 02 and 03 in OMM1 under WH 001.

4) In OMM1 I defined SUTs I assign to WH 001 as follows:

WH     |     ST     |     SUT 1     |      SUT2

001     |     001     |     01

001     |     002     |     02          |     03

This setting will give me the chance to sor material by it's SUT because if you choose SUT which is not allowed in the destination ST, system will not allow the transfer.

With regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

I understand the settings that has to be done at OMM1.

But i have some doubt in the config of OMLY

I have created storage indicator PTY .

Can i assigned PTY to FG1 and FG2 in OMLY in single line ?

Regards,

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Om,

you can use the storage type indicator in material master. But in this case following will happen.

Putaway strategy will recognize the material with the storage type indicator which has been set in OMLY. Let's say you set sequence FG1 | FG2.

System will then try to put the material first in the ST FG1 and second to ST FG2 if it doesn't find a fit in FG1. Using the ST indicator in this case you just said the system will not look into the whole warehouse but to a specific sequence of STs.

But then it depends on the SUT defined in OMM1.

If you have defined SUT just for one storage type it will got then to ST you defined in OMM1.

With regards,

Michal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you create a storage unit, a pallet of a material, it has a storage unit type assigned to it.
I understand you have 2 SUTs possible for 1 material.

That's OK, because if you create a pallet with SUT1, you can define that SUT1 can go into that certain storage type e.g. ST1.
And SUT2 can go into storage type ST2.

That menas that when you process putaway for storage unit type 1, it will skip ST2 since it cannot be put into it, and then it will be put into ST1.
For SUT2, the search will skip ST1 and will put it into ST2.

The only settings you need to perform is SUT search, where you assign storage unit types to storage types, e.g. ST1 can accept SUT1 pallets, and ST2 can accept SUT2 pallets.

Regards,
Mihailo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal/Mihailo,

I hope the solution provided by you will solve the purpose.

Today i will configure and confirm you in the final post.

Regards,

Om

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this sentence does not make any sense:

So during TO creation system shall determine the storage unit type as per the selection of Storage unit types !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

During TO creation system shall determine storage type as per the selection of SUT.

because we have one material which are stored in different storage type with different SUT.

Regards,

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello OM,

this can be done in transaction OMM1 or in the tree LE -> Warehouse management -> Strategies -> Activate storage Bin tzpe search

In this transaction you will go to section Assignmnets -> Storage type and there you will assign your SUT to the WH+ST.

With regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

My requirement is during TO creation user will select the SUT types for material.

One material has different SUT and storage type

Upon the selection of SUT system shall automatic determine the storage type .

I hope the solution suggested by you will help out.

Will check by doing config and will confirm you soon.

Regards,

Om

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

How to define the storage type search indicator for such scenario ?

I mean as we have multiple storage types/SU for single material ,we can't define the putaway indicator in material master !

Suppose i define PTY - indicator for storage type HRS and OPN .

Can i use PTY indicator in material master ?

Regards,

Om