cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tooltip on mobile platform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've made a dashboard with a couple of graphs including tooltips on mouseover. It is working fine when viewed on a computer, but I cannot get the tooltips to show on my iPad.

Is it impossible to show tooltips in graphs when viewing the dashboard on iPad?

This is a request from the customer, so I would really appreciate any input you have on this matter.

I'm using SAP Design Studio 1.5

Regards,

Martha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martha: are you using SAP Mobile BI app to display the application?  It is working for me on the Mobile BI application (iOS 😎

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Yes, I am using the SAP BI App on an iPad with IOS 8.02, but it is still not working. 

Is the tooltip I'm seeing on your picture showing when you tap that specific column?

I should mention that my graphs are line graphs, but that should not matter, should it?

Regards,

Martha

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is when I tap I see it.  Are you looking for a hover action?

I will see if I can find a line graph example - my iPad is now "charging"

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. No, Im not looking for a hover function, which would probably be a bit difficult on an ipad anyway.

Please let me know if you find an example with a line graph, I appreciate the help

Martha.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martha:

Confirmed, the tooltip does not work with line charts on the SAP Mobile BI ipad, even with the property turned on - perhaps this is a suggestion for Idea Place?  Or maybe it is a limitation of Apple?  I am not sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I was afraid of that. Funny how it works on some types of graphs but not on others. I guess the next step is to sublit a suggestion as you say. Thanks for the help!

Martha.