cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSS and login/password_change_waittime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am wondering if there has been any changes in the RZ10 parameter - login/password_change_waittime and Password Self Service.

Issue is that some users get the message - you can change your password only once a day.

If the company Policy is to have more than 10 days between password changes is there a setting for the generated password that

can be implemented or will PSS always look at the paramter - login/password_change_wattime ?

Thanks for  your input,

Appreciated as always,

Kind Regards,

Siobhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Siobhan

Why would you have a company policy which prevents how often a user can change their password? Is there a reason you don't want them changing within 10 days?

Issue is that some users get the message - you can change your password only once a day.

single change a day as initiated by a user is the minimum. The only way to change more than once a day is if an Administrator resets it.

What are the current settings that you have? Also, do you have security policies assigned to users which take priority over the RZ10 value?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleen,

Thanks for your input - I am checking if there are any constraints in getting this parameter changed to either 1 or 2  days, and also looking at password history parameter - increasing it to 25 (currently set at 6).

Just wondering if anything new had come in with GRC upgrades.

Thanks for your help,

Kind Regards,

Siobhan

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you check if any Security policy has been applied to those users. i do not have access to SECPOL now, so i cannot say you, if any parameter for this value exists

This question should be in Security Community, rather than GRC

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is in relation to the implementation of Password Self Service, so yes, it is related to GRC.

Kind Regards,

Siobhan

plaban_sahoo6
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

regrets.i missed the last line of your post.

However, you have mentioned 'some users get the message - you can change your password only once a day.' So, this means the rest can change any time. Therefore i had mentioned SECPOL. Could you clarify this

Regards

Plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry - it was when users had already changed their password and wanted to re-set it again only a few days after they had previously changed it.

For SECPOL I am still in discussions with my manager.

Thanks for your input,

Kind Regards,

Siobhan