Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Obtaining Desktop Path in Personas 2.0 SP02

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have a standard issue in SAP Personas. If we select a file path through F4 browser in Personas, the path is not reflected. Instead a default C:\temp\ is displayed due to Silverlight restrictions.

This is also mentioned at:

These are the things I've tried to solve the issue:

1. I tried calling a webRFC containing the following code to generate the path and send it back to Personas:

When the RFC is tested in backend, the correct output is displayed.

However, the RFC dosen't get executed in the browser. The following error is displayed.

Note: the RFC has been released for Web. The RFC works properly if the code to retreive desktop path is removed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. I changed the program (called by the tcode) such that the file path would be displayed by default, so that the user would not need to browse the path. In SAP GUI (backend), the correct path is obtained.

However, in SAP Personas, the path is displayed as:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information: I am running Personas in Elevated Mode

Summary: I need a way to dynamically obtain the correct path of desktop in SAP Personas. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Saud.

EDIT:

Another method I tried that still didn't work:

Since the text in the Path field is being displayed as

I created a button 'Open Desktop Path' that calls a webRFC. I decided to pass the string through a webRFC in which the '\AppData\Local\Temp' part is truncated and the string is appended with '\Desktop'.

So, I intended to pass 'C:\Users\SAUDSCOMPUTER\AppData\Local\Temp' and obtain 'C:\Users\SAUDSCOMPUTER\DESKTOP'.

Then, I intended to replace the old string in the field in Personas with the new string.

However, in Personas, when the path is used, the webRFC doesn't get called.

If I use a random string in place of the path, and then if I call the webRFC, it gets executed:

Could someone please help circumvent Silverlight's security in providing the correct Desktop path?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Saud,

As mentioned in the other thread, after applying the solution from SAP note 2025591, the path needs to be specified manually, i.e. you cannot use the F4 help.

Regards,

Cris

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

F4 help (cl_gui_frontend_services=>file_save_dialog) has been working, it selects the correct path and it even saves the file there. However, the text of the path is incorrectly displayed as C:\temp\ which I am trying to correct through some hack.

For this issue, with regards to 2025591, the only benefit I've observed is that it eliminates a few pop-ups that ask the user to save the file onto the local system. Entering file path manually and executing works well whether the note is applied or not.

Regards,
Saud.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Saud,

It seems that the limitation is in Silverlight - I'm afraid there is no hacking for this.

Regards,

Cris

former_member195167
Participant
0 Kudos

yeahh, I guess