Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori default theme does not apply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a problem setting a (custom created) fiori theme as default for the launchpad.

I have tried to apply a default theme (custom created) in transaction /UI2/NWBC_CFG_CUST, as described here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/403109b4-83c1-3110-778f-f80636512...

Now this theme should be applied as the default theme on the launchpad.

But when i call the launchpad, the theme is not applied. Insted the theme is applied which is set in the Launchpad User Preferences.

Even when i disable setting a theme in the user preferences, the wrong theme is applied.

Insted of using the theme defined in /UI2/NWBC_CFG_CUST. Still the last used Theme is applied.

When i call the Launchpad, the "start_up" ICF Service is called. This service returns some interesting information about the used theme.

First, the parameter "theme" is set correct:

"theme":"***_theme@https://***.***.net:44300/sap/public/bc/themes/~client-100/~cache-QyP8dD1VzmfpYpePmL1QSsIYJ0A"

But then the tag "userProfile" is sent:

In this tag, the parameter "THEME" is set with the last used theme by this user. And this theme is applied to the launchpad.

{"id":"THEME","value":"sap_bluecrystal","editState":3}

This is the complete response of ICF service "start_up":

Do you have any ideas why the wrong theme is used?

Or do you know where the parameters in the "userProfile" tag do come from?

I really need to be able to set a default custom theme.

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please check the SAP_UI Support Package level and SAPUI5 library version. I remember that the issue was in old version.

SAP Fiori - UI Add-on SP13 notes list, SAPUI5 library 1.28.15

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG