Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retest using QA07 based on UD Date instead of GRN Date

shah_viral
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

It would be great if you could help me.

Retesting material to be link with UD date of material , Example  material GRN prepared on 11/9/2015 and UD given on 1/10/2015 than re test date to be 1/10/2016 and not 11/09/2016.

1. Material received in plant A, GRN prepared on 20/6/1014

2. 365 days inspection interval;with QA07, retest date lot created on 13/6/2015 7days advance 

3. Same material stock transfer to plant B on 6/10/2014 & released on 17/10/2014

4.  In B plant re test should be on 17/10/2015  but as material take first consignment  received date i.e of plant A

5.  Due to this retest date in plant JB03 is 13/6/2015 instead of 17/10/2015

Note  As this relected in batch MSC2N  this is batch wise master and not Plant wise  so if any changes made in batch reflected to all plant.

It is taking data from MCH1 table instead of MCHA.

Most of the pharma company has this requirement but i dont know how do they manage.

Regards,

Viral Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have batch level at the material or client level.  In that case the next inspection date is client level and maintained in MCH1 just as you described,.

This is perfectly correct.

Why should the next inspection date for the material change in plant B and not in plant A?  The material hasn't potentially degraded any less because it was shipped to plant B.

If you beleive the entire lot in both plant A and B should have the next inspection date changed becasue of the resinspectoin at the second plant due to the stock shipment, than fine.  But you would have to use a user exit or follow-up action to update the next inspection date in the batch after the 01 or 08 inspection lot is UD.  Those inspection types don't affect the next inspection date. Then all of the batch regardless of location, would have the inspection date updated, since this is really the same field.

Every business is different and the reinspection of materials is very varied.  There is no perfect answer for this.  No mater what you choose to do, you'll proabbly find a an exception or someone who thinks it should be done another way.

Craig

shah_viral
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

Thanks for your reply.

There is an enhancement QEVA0003 - Calculate "Next inspection date" for batch.

What i have analyzed is that using this enhancement, we can write a logic to change the next inspection date in during UD based on the UD date. But there is an unique object id created in the MCH1 table which would not allow the change or may be if allowed, it will change for the material regardless of plant as the it is batch wise master.

It would have been possible if the data was plant wise instead of batch wise master.

So can anyone tell me the logic behind the creation object id or else what things will be affected if i change the master from batch wise to plant wise.

Regards,

Viral Shah

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the Standard R/3 System,the date of the next inspection is transferred to characteristic LOBM_QNDAT.

Characteristic LOBM_QNDAT (Next inspection Date)is also non changeable and set as Not Ready For Input.This is a Batch Characteristic and its value is Comes from the combination of GR date + Inspection Duration from QM master data.

You can carry out the classification of standard characteristic LOBM_QNDAT as part of a follow-up action for the usage decision

Define a follow-up action (Transaction OQV1)  Assign this follow-up action to your code of the usage decision.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

shah_viral
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

I cant find LOBM_QNDAT in Logistics General -->Batch Master -->Batch Management --> Batch Valuation --> Update Standard Characteristics.

Can you please guide me step by step procedure? it would be very much helpful.

Regards,

Viral Shah

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It goes to basic functionality and design of your business.  You can switch to plant level batches and that would resolve this particular issue but might introduce a whole bunch of others.

Because then they become separate batches anytime they move from plant to plant.  In each plant they could have different Mfg dates, Expiration dates, batch status, characteristic values, etc..

This can make it difficult to track batches and maintain proper values on batches.

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just execute that.  The standard characteristics should be copied from the 000 client for you.

When you add that to classification, you can't change the value.  It simple references the MCH1-QNDAT field.  It just allows the next inspection date to be seen in the batch class.  Some places like to include this in batch selectoin criteria.  I.e. if re-testing is expensive, you sort and select batches for selection by next inspection date and not expiration date. So once a batch is reinspected, it is actually more cost effective to ship the newer batch that is about to reach a re-inspection than the re-inspected batch.

I'm not sure what Brahmankar had in mind with regards to this helping you.

Craig

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to the client in which these characteristics are required, and call transaction BMSM. This transfers all the entries that you previously maintained in client 000 to the current client.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar