SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculate Interest from system date instead of document date

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible that FPINTM1 calculates interest from system date of a document rather than from document date? Any event available for this?

Regards,

Viraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

As far my knowledge goes, Standard Interest calculation for a particular FICA document starts from the Due date of the document to the date until the interest run is being triggerred.

I don't think it is triggerred from the document date.

There is an event (2090) available where in you can alter the start date and end date for the interest calculation that are being proposed by the Standard.

However, it would be great if you could elaborate on your Business requirement.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

As far my knowledge goes, Standard Interest calculation for a particular FICA document starts from the Due date of the document to the date until the interest run is being triggerred.

I don't think it is triggerred from the document date.

There is an event (2090) available where in you can alter the start date and end date for the interest calculation that are being proposed by the Standard.

However, it would be great if you could elaborate on your Business requirement.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Basically currently system calculates LPC from due date of the previous invoice to the document date of current invoice. Now, document date of current invoice could be future date also. So, instead of from due date of previous invoice to the document date of current invoice, it should be due date of previous invoice to system or posting date of current invoice.

0 Kudos

Are you using LPC or interest?  They are different concepts with different functions/events.  R979 could be used with LPC; and as Amlan mentioned, 2090 can be used with interest.

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, now I think I should work on, future document date. Currently business is using the future document date of invoice because they want the due date to be extended for 2-3 days. So, I think while invoicing I should use event R417 to change the due date of invoicing and extend it as required. This will automatically eliminate my LPC problem, as nowonwards business will not have to give future document date.