cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External field Pass Collection as agentry value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i want to pass the collection as agentry value in external field in Open UI. My edit type for this field is Location can i pass the Collection in agentry value. RIght now i can see i can only pass the string values.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amitoj,

we can't return the collection in External value. this is the limitation of SAP. you have to String values.

Thanks

Ajitesh

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

My apologies, I misunderstood the direction in the original question.  Ajitesh is correct that we cannot directly pass back a collection.

However, your Open UI code can can the necessary actions to populate the collection from within your code so that in effect the collection is "available" from the Open UI control even if not directly returned as an external value.

You could even populate a temporary collection until some event occurs to store it in the correct location based on other conditions.

--Bill

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you want to pass in a collection to an Open UI control you can extend from a List View field where you can then set to collection for the list view and that will then be exposed into the control.

--Bill