Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Population of Assignment & Text field in Accounting Document

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I know this has been asked before differently.

Is there any possibility in Order to Cash process that Assignment field is auto populated with PO Number (Sales Order-Header) & Text is auto populated with customer name as soon as billing document is generated. Both fields are visible at Tcode-FBL3N & FBL5N.This is working for one of our company codes but not other. I have checked substitution rule but it is not defined for either of the company codes. What could be the reason?  Is it possible functionally or I need to do this with Exit only.

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

We have written a substitution rule for this. Assignment field is substituted by field BKPF-XBLNR & Text field is substituted by an exit.

Regards

Pankaj

former_member186940
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

This can be done using badi, please check following link. Please note, i am not the author of this link.

Add fields in FBL5N Customer line item report

regards,

Amol

pankaj_adhikari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol

Thanks for reply.

I think your link is all about adding fields in FBL5N & not auto populating of fields 'Text'& 'Assignment' from 'Customer Name' & 'PO Number/Reference' respectively.

Regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Pls check this thread.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you get the assignment populated in VBRK or only in the FI document?

If your system is designed in a way to take the assignment from the billing to populate it to the accounting document and you do not have it there at the time of invoice creation then it will not work.

It is possible to populate the assignment in VBRK based on some special criteria with a custom routine in the copy control. Depending on how the routine is developed, it may be possible to override the value by entering some information in the assignment field in the sales order as well.

If you have the assignment in VBRK-ZUONR, but it is not transferred to BSID-ZUONR, a possible reason could be that your company uses one of the available user exits for SD-FI transfer.

Check sap note 301077 - User exits for the interface for accounting for the list and functions.