cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports crashing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Crystal Reports issue that I can't seem to get fixed. When I try to add a new connection to a report or label, it crashes on me. I can put in the connection info / ID / Password and it gets gray. I eventually get a message that says "CR has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

CR is linked to my Oracle based accounting system.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks

Eddie Knapp

Pioneer Plastics

270-639-9133

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of Crystal and which version of Oracle?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry - should have put that in the original question.

- Oracle - 12.1.0.1.0

- Crystal - from my accounting software it says: Crystal 11.net. If I open Crystal, it says CR Professional; Product Type: Full. Product Version 11.0.0.1282

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports 11.0 is sooooo old. And Oracle 12 is way newer. E.g.; you're looking for a forward compatibility that is just not there. If this was happening in a stand-alone version of the designer I'd have a few suggestions, but as this is happening in a 3rd party software, you will have to go to them and ask if they have a version of the accounting software that uses more recent version of CR 9and if that supports Oracle 12). In addition to the version of CR being do ole, not knowing  how they implemented CR in their app makes it doubly hard to help out.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning, I have just loaded Crystal 11 onto my new computer (Windows 10). Crystal crashes every time I try and edit a text field. any ideas if there is something I can do here. (Just for you info, we develop software and currently distribute a viewer so clients can use the reports as part of te program. I'm am stuck on upgrading this viewer at the moment due to other development.

Thanks

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal XI (11) is old software that has been out of support for a number of years.  I'm not surprised that it's not working correctly on Windows 10.  I would find crw32.exe, and set it to run in "compatibility mode" using Windows XP compatibility and see if that will work for you.

-Dell

Answers (0)