cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVM & EWA Status

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am configuring DVM for a couple of systems and am having an issue in step 8 ' Activate DVM Extractors' .  My EWA status is red yet I get EWA reports for this system.  In addition, all my extractors are running successfully so I am not sure how to resolve this error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member237143
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Mary Jane,

Any solution for the EWA status red? I'm encountering the same issue.

Thanks,

KJ

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No I have not found the resolution yet. 

nicolasberthier
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

as Tom explained, and I see the same behaviour on our systems too, this will fail as soon as note is missing in the RTCCTOOL (SE38) compliance of the Managed System

Unfortunately, you have no choice but to make your Managed System RTCCTOOL 100% DVM compliant and then rerun the step, it should appear as green again

Thanks,

Nicolas

former_member237143
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

The RTCCTOOL for managed system is 100% green. Already opened an incident with SAP, and SAP is checking with their development team, but the response is very slow.

Regards,

KJ

jelyachouti
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mary Jane,

I have the same issue. The setup 5.3 of EWA is configured correctly, all needed notes are installed.

But still getting the error message .

Were you able to solve the problem ?

Thank you,

Jamal

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No my issue is not resolved.  So frustrating.

jelyachouti
Explorer
0 Kudos

after configuring the DVM in EWA (5.3) I started an EWA session manually and now the DVM configuration is ok. it show green on EWA status. problem solved.

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary Jane

I question how useful including DVM in EWA really is.

I received feedback from a customer who activated it and later on deactivated it again because they got frustrated that it "breaks" easily ~ according to the customer, when a SAP note that is required, is not implemented in the managed SAP system the DVM part of EWA would fail. This happened frequently, that new notes were introduced and the customer found it more troublesome than anything else and switched it off again.

I also have some doubts in the usefulness of including the information. If one would runs a DVM Self Service, the information provided through the service gives a basic view on DVM gains that can be leveraged and doing this a couple of times per year already seems sufficient from a SAP Basis point of view unless the environment is really doing extreme things which would create a need to do this faster.

Best regards

Tom

MichaelFoley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary Jane,

Can you please provide screen shots of this error?

Kind Regards

Michael

maryjane_steele2
Active Participant
0 Kudos
MichaelFoley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

HI Mary Jane,

Please ensure that Step 5.3 of EWA set up is configured for DVM correctly.

Also please see the PDF attached to FAQ Note 2035999.

Also please implement the code contained in  Note 2030234.

Kind Regards

Michael