cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy functionality in SAP MDG

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying to copy from one material to another material. But it is not copying all the fields. Only few fields it is copying. How to configure to copy all the data..?

Regards,

Lakshmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all, there are a number of notes on the copy functionality. Search via application component CA-MDG-APP-MM, search term "copy".

Secondly, check whether these fields get copied when you use transaction MM01. If not, then they will also not be copied by MDGM. This setting is controlled per field in transaction OMSR.

Regards, Ingo Bruß

0 Kudos

Ingo,

Thanks for the reply. First we are trying search for one material by using search functionality. and we are selecting one material and select the COPY. When I select copy I am able to copy the material. But it is copying only few fields. Its not copying all fields.

R,

Lakshmi

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What's the difference between the fields that it copies and those it doesn't?

E.g.

Are the fields being copied all on the MATERIAL entity?

Are the fields it is not copying on a different entity?

If you require the plant and sales org level fields to be copied you must specify which one(s) in the initial screen. Filling in the below highlighted fields will bring through the data for the organisational level's specified.

In order to change this functionality it requires  overwriting SAP standard code.

0 Kudos

Benjamin,

Thanks for the reply. We are not using the standard Initial screen. We are using custom Initial screen. So as per your comment if it is custom do we need to write code ? If it is on coding part please give me the information on where we need to develop Abap code..?

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You'd need to code it.

The extensibility guide here should be a good start to show where the code needs to be implemented etc....

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0b413f4-2fb2-2f10-9ca3-cefe7e214...

0 Kudos

Ben,

Thanks for the reply. Is this also useful for copy functionality through search applications? Because I am trying to copy through search not through initial screen. But anyway let me check this document with my Abaper..

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The copy functionality is exactly the same wherever it is launched from. Launching it from a search will take you to the normal copy process and should default in the material you have selected via the search...but obviously I don't know what your customizing does to the standard. I'd assume the same functionality.

0 Kudos

Ben,

I am able to copy. but the thing here is its not copying all fields.

R,

Lakshmi

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I Understand. If you have your developer have a look through the extensibility guidelines on the previous document I'm sure you will be able to include all fields required in the copy over.