cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R Custom Component limitation to only one Input DataFrame

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Was working on a custom R component but couldn't figure out a way to add multiple Input Data Frames for that component as the script editor allows only one input component. Any idea how to do that?

I am using SAP PA 2.2 version 64 bit. Below attached is the snapshot of the current script editor with only one Input data frame.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay,

That's a feature in our backlog and will be delivered in an upcoming release. Unfortunately, its not currently supported but if you are working with non-HANA data sources like Excel, you can merge the data sets in Prepare room prior to running your analysis in Predict.

regards,

Jayant

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks Jayant!

Ranajay, you might want to double-check that the idea does not exist here Predictive Analytics: Home and create a new one.

Best

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jayanta. Actually I wanted to merge two datasets after their predictions as common resultset to be used for further in the visualisation tab . But as you said its planned for the forthcoming release, I will be looking forward to it.

AndreasForster
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay,

Yes, it will be good to have the ability to join data sources directly in expert mode. Maybe here is an option that could help the use case you described (comparing the prediction results of two algorithms).

Without any Custom R coding, you can

- take the input data as it is

- add the first classifier producing the first prediction

- then add the second classifier right after the first. When producing the prediction, just make sure that the prediction of the first classification is not use as in input variable.

This gives you the single dataset with two different predictions added. So you can now compare these two predictions.

Many Greetings

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas that's a good workaround, but in the scenario when we will be applying filters on the basis of suppose Geography to the dataset and then apply predictive algorithm, so I will be having three or more sets predictions across one dataset, then how to merge all these datasets into one for further analysis.

Please have a look at the below snapshot:-

I can write a custom r component to do that but the current r script editor of SAP PA allows me to have only one Input Dataframe

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay, could you please log an idea here: Predictive Analytics: Home and mark the question as Answered.

Thanks & regards

Antoine

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Antoine

I found a workaround to this as of now.

Regards

Ranajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ranajay,

I am very interested in your workaround. I would like to merge datasets as well.

Regards Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiko

Actually I developed a custom R component which splits the data, aggregates according to the requirement and then apply the algorithm after which it merge the results internally.

Regards

Ranajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay,

thank you for the advice! But it is not possible to output two data.frames correct? The workaround would be to use two PA filters.

The R-integration is really a key feature here.

Regards,

Heiko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Heiko,in current scenario the two data frames neither can not be taken as Input nor a data can be splitted in two outputs. R is quite Handy.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I've submitted an idea for this functionality https://ideas.sap.com/D30835

If you still think it would be useful, some votes would be appreciated.

Regards

Dan

achab
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no idea. Maybe @Jayanta_Roy can help?

Thanks & regards

Antoine