cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create custom tiles for tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

our customer requested to have 2 predefined search in Activities- tasks to see: "My open tasks" = Logged user as Processor, and "Delegated tasks" = Logged user as Owner.

Then it was requested to let those search available as Home Page tiles.

Any hint, suggestions?

Regards

Rosalia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rosalia

In order to meet your requirement, you can follow the below steps:

Created a new report from the data source – Activity Task.

Edit the Report using Report Wizard. Proceed to Step 4: Characteristic Properties and there, change the value selection for the fields: Activity Life Cycle Status and Employee Responsible to Using Variable from No Value Selection:

In Step 5: Define Variables, click on Maintain Default Values and select the values Open and "Employee - My User Name"-(Employee - My User Name) for the characteristics: Activity Life Cycle Status and Employee Responsible respectively:

Click on Finish.

Then click on the option: Create View for this Report in a Web Browser in the last step.

Open the report and click on Go. Then add the characteristics: Activity Task, Employee Responsible and Activity Life Cycle Status into the report:

Now you can see that the report shows only those Activity Tasks that are in Open Status and belonging to the Employee Responsible – Eddie Smoke.

Now click on Save As from Top Left Corner and Save the view of the report using your own View Name:

Now go to Home Screen, Click on Adapt option and then select the appropriate role, in my case – Administrator role. Then Click on Edit and choose Reports:

You can customize the tiles in the Home Page according to your needs.

Please note, that you can embed report views, scorecards, KPIs into the home page. In your case,

you also wanted to have "Delegated tasks" = Logged user as Owner. I checked the available data sources but I could not find the field Delegated Tasks in any of the data sources. So I suggest that you can check with Analytics team to analyze the feasibility of creating an extension field and then you can extend that to one of the data sources, or even 'Activity Task' data source and then try maintaining Relative Select Value as I have defined for the Employee Responsible field in the above illustration.

Hope this helps.

-GowriShankar

0 Kudos

Thanks for the detailed answer, Gowri!

Answers (0)