SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing is not carried out,Partner is missing in DBM Warranty processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing an issue with warning message "Pricing is not carried out,Partner is missing,Message no. WTY15008" in DBM Order while trying to warranty claim for the item added in the order due to which partner is not flowing to the warranty created and pricing is not getting carried out. Please let me know where the partner has to be maintained to solve the issue.

Regards,

Manasa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check transaction /DBM/WTY1 - Edit Warranty Master Data .

In "Warranty Category" node assign  "OEM Customer Number"

this is the customer number to which the receivables will be posted. and this customer account is usually set to clear with the OEM vendor account

Regards

Ganesh

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check transaction /DBM/WTY1 - Edit Warranty Master Data .

In "Warranty Category" node assign  "OEM Customer Number"

this is the customer number to which the receivables will be posted. and this customer account is usually set to clear with the OEM vendor account

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you so much for your immediate response. I have already maintained OEM Customer number in /DBM/WTY1 and customer master data is also created for the same OEM. But still Partner is not flowing. Can you please check and confirm if any other settings or relevant master data is to be maintained.

Regards,

Manasa

0 Kudos

hi Manasa,

Check that in general data  -> control tab  of the customer  ( to which you did the warranty split in DBM order ) .check if you have assigned the vendor (OEM) number .

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Thank you so much. Issue is resolved.

Dear All,

Is there any possibility to change the warning message "Pricing is not carried out,Partner is missing,Message no. WTY15008" to error message other than using enhancements. Please let me know if there are any standard settings in ECC or DBM to do the same.

Regards,

Manasa

0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

you can change it to error message using the DBM customizing: (/DBM/SPRO) Dealer Business Management->Order->Basic Functions->Define Schema for Message Substitution.

Or in DBM 6.0 (/DBM/SPRO) Dealer Business Management->Order->Order Control->Define Schema for Message Substitution.

here you enter the message WTY15 008 and change the type to error.

However also you have to implement the sap note 1364421 - Warranty Claim can be created without partner

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

In the mentioned path,only two fields are there ID message sub. and Name. Where should I enter the message and the type?

Regards,

Manasa

0 Kudos

Hi Manasa,

Check the attached screen shot for the message. In addition please implement the sap note mentioned already.

0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Is it mandatory to implement the note you mentioned. We are going to upgrade our DBM System to DBM 8.0 but the note 1364421 - Warranty Claim can be created without partner is only for DBM 600 and DBM 700. Please suggest if I require to implement this note if I use DBM 8.0

Regards,

Manasa

0 Kudos

HI Manasa,

Note contains SAP correction code that checks the message you customized in above mentioned screen.  If the code is missing means changing  type from warning to error will not work for  message WTY15 008. So two ways you can decide to implement it first

A] Import note in SAP through transaction SNOTE if this is still valid it will be shown as can be implemented status...In this case implement it.as it do not have any side effects.

B] Do the customization of message for WTY15 008 and the do testing in DBM 8.0 without vendor in control for same customer.

C] ask ABAPer to check the code correction in SAP note if it already implemented in DBM 8.0 ..he can do it by check that ABAP objects directly and see the new insert code mentioned in note already exist

indeed you use any this method .

Regards

Ganesh

0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs. I will try that.

Regards,

Manasa