cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI5 layout and dialog question

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1.Im using dialog which open UI5 controls my question is there is a way to change it to be responsive?

2. Im developing tab strip and I want to provide in the tab the most flexible layout inside it .which layout I should use

Grid/Matrix layout etc. the scenario  is to provide to users the ability to put there any UI5 control and it should be responsive and easy to use ....

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Any idea regards those questions.

Regards

Stephane

karthikarjun
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

sap.m.Dialog or sap.m.responsivepopover are comes under responsive design controls.

It will adjust its width/height as per the device layout. So you can use this controls to display your messages.

Comming to your second question.

My preference is to use Grid layout. GridLayout can be attached to the Form Control in order to arrange the Elements in a cell based Layout.

Thanks,

Karthik A

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kerthik,

1. Regard the dialog (not the M version) there is a way to make it responsive ?

2. you recommended to use Grid Layout and Elango suggest responsive grid layout ,what is the difference just the responsiveness  ?

There is a place for pros and cons of the UI5 layout's ?

Thanks

former_member182862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Stephane

ReponsiveGridLayout in your sap.ui.commons.Dialog is likely to do it.

with the link that Elango has provided, you can resize your browser to show how the controls in the layout are rearranged accordingly.

And there are sample code there too.

Thanks

-D

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

As far as your first question there is a way to make the Dialog close to responsive by setting the maxWidth, maxHeight and their min* counterparts. The other part will be the re-positioning the dialog that needs to be implemented in the code.

On the second question I would have to agree with Sakthivel about the ResponsiveGridLayout.

Cheers,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about ResponsiveGridLayout ?

ResponsiveGridLayout - SAPUI5 Demo Kit