Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect JavaStackSystem to GW system

thomas_knobloch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding maintaining services in SAP gateway system. If I use transaction
/IWFND_MAINT_SERVICE I can add oData services from backend systems with ABAP stack. I just need a RFC destination, create system alias for this system and then I can add services from this system.

But how does it work for a ME-system with java stack???

Appreciate your help.

Best regards, Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Is it a SAP PO System ?

Just check this once ->

Regards,

Ashwin

thomas_knobloch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin, it's an SAP ME (Manufacturing Execution) system running on Java Stack.

What is a SAP PO system?

Regards, Thomas

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Ok i din't know about it sorry for that and i do not know if all the Maintenance, Registration & Activation of GW Services can be done in SAP ME running on JAVA Stack.

I just mentioned that link to share apart from GW System even SAP Process Orchestration ( SAP PO ) which is on a JAVA Stack can Register the GW service, Activate/Deactivate the GW service which is developed on the back-end ABAP system.

Regards,

Ashwin

thomas_knobloch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

But it is the other way around. I have a SAP Gateway System on ABAP and want to maintain a service from a System running on Java Stack. How can we do that?

Regards, Thomas

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you expecting exactly the same activities ( Registration & Activation of GW Services ... ) to be done in your JAVA System as we do it in GW System ? if yes i am not sure how it can be done on your JAVA System and if its supported as well.

I think would be a need of some additional components to be present in the system which will support exactly the similar functionalities.Not sure on this.

However when you have GW Hub system already i think its best to do all these activities there and just consume these services in your JAVA System.

thomas_knobloch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ok, I try to explain again. I have no knowledge about this ME system and Java part. My question about how to maintain the service in transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE in the Gateway System on ABAP. Do I need to create a RFC destination of type "G" (http)? What else has to be done to call an oData service on this Server based on Java stack? Maybe it's not even possible to provide an oData service from a java system. I thought there is a standard guide how to set up this scenario.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see that all is required is to register the already developed service in GW Hub system and consume  that in your applications developed on your JAVA System.

Here the steps to Register and Activate it on GW Hub ->

Create RFC Destination in GW Hub System Pointing to the Back-End ABAP System in SM59.

Creating an RFC Destination for SAP Gateway Hub to SAP System - SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) -...

Create System Alias in SPRO and assign this to the RFC Destination created in the above step.

SAP Gateway Hub System - SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Use the above System Alias and Register the Service on GW Hub.

Activate and Maintain Services - SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Additional references -> There are lots of other references as well in the forum.

thomas_knobloch
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin, again, the ME system that provides the service has a Java stack. Why should I create a destination in the GW ABAP system to a Backend ABAP system when the other system is a system with Java stack. I have the feeling we still don't understand eachother.

Netweaver GW on ABAP is the place to maintain and register services and I know how to connect other ABAP systems to get services from there. But in my case the other system is a system on Java stack.

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

Service which is residing on your ME System is a OData Service ?

if yes check below ->

OData Services Consumption and Integration - SAP Gateway Foundation (SAP_GWFND) - SAP Library

Regards,

Ashwin