Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP - PO

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

We are having a scenario where we XML file from third party and we need to send it internally to our legacy system via PI.

Our legacy system has the capability to transmit web services messages  and hence they are asking us to setup PI as web service where they can poll the message from PI.

I am bit confused on this. Does it mean I need to give the PI url as soap url and if so can you guide me how the scenario will look like.

if it is a poll mechanism at legacy end, where will my scneario ends as i need to receive the xml from third party and deliver it to somewhere.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create / use a webservice that receives the xml from third party. Polling is not needed/not applicable in the situation you are giving.

Since the 3rd party is the sender they just need to call the web service once an xml file needs to be sent. There is nothing to poll.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I have given them the url pattern as http:// <host name> : <port name> /XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=<party name> : <service name> : <channel name> . If you have not created a party, enterchannel=: <service name> : <channel name>.

When my legacy team tried to test, they said something it doesn't like the WSDL.

I was just wondering whether I have taken and given them the right wsdl.

I downloaded the wsdl from ICO->Display WSDL and downloaded and forwarded them.

Please confirm.

Also my sender soap channel does not have checked any of the security or conversion parameters.

Regards

Sam

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can test the wsdl yourself with SOAPUI and when it works, show this to your legacy team.

And if it doesnt work you can analyse the error that is given.

Remember that the external caller will need to use a SAP user and password to call the service.

You can then pass the url for the wsdl to the external party. When they are calling the url they need to give user and password and also when they call the service.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peter

I have given them the url, wsdl and user credentials to try with.

But it is complaining about wsdl. All i needed to know is whether the WSDL i generate is from ICO-Display WSDL or should i be generating somewhere else.

In earlier version, we used to generate under sender agreement.

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did they say WHY the wsdl is not good for them ?

And yes, the display wsdl shows a wsdl that can be used to call the service. The url is for the wsdl not for the service endpoint. The service endpoint is in the wsdl.

Did you try to call the web service with SOAPUI ? Before you hand over a service you created it is good practice to test it by calling it from outside PI/PO  (therefore soapui). Then you will know if it works or not. If it works with soap ui then you can show that to your client.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, How do  i set up user credentials if i need my legacy team to post the message by authentication.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Give them the username and password they will be using some tool to send right.They should mention it there.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

If i am right, the steps are

1. To create a sender soap channel and publish it in SR and send the WSDL to my third party so that he can use the url and send the xml to PO.

Please confirm

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

correct Sam.Publishing in SR is optional.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peter

This is exactly my requirement. The third party wants to send simple xml messages which my PO should capture.

Can you advise how I would need to give them the soap url and credentials. I want to receive DELVRY05 idoc xml.

Regards

Sam

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

First of all, can you pls confirm the interface flow.

Is it Third party-->PI-->Legacy or Legacy-->PI-->Third party.

If it is the former one, then as per the information you provided, I guess legacy system supports  webservice connectivity(pls cross check with them). Then in this case, they need to give you the url to which you will deliver the third party message as per the requirement.

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

The interface flow is thirdparty -> PI->Legacy team.

In this how would the legacy team can poll the message from PI as they want the PI to host the webservice and they can poll it.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

You can poll the webservice using Soap adapter with Axis protocol or Rest Adapter.which version of PO/Sp you have?

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sam - Yes you are right, if the legacy system is supporting webservice connectivity, then it that case it won't have the feature of polling.

Can you pls cross confirm about the connectivity between PI and legacy system.