cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error while executing rule -> see long text...

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm working SAP NetWeaver BW 7.3. I have been using a data flow DataSource--->DSO for last few months and its deltas have been successfully loaded by Process Chain. But today, I have received this error message: "Runtime error while executing rule -> see long text".

I do not have any calculation in the transformation. I did activated transformation once more. I reloaded request from the source system. But still I'm facing this error message. I went to its long text details and found following information:

1. How can I identify the cause of the error?

2. How to resolve this error and be able to load my request successfully?

I will appreciate your reply.

Many thanks,

Tariq Ashraf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

There is problem with the value "1,285" for that field. Please delete the request in target and go to PSA and compare the values for that particular field and check how the format of the value, then make changes accordingly.

I have faced the similar issue while back, value for that field accepts only "000000001285" but sources was giving only "1285" it was kept on failing. Later i followed the above step and it worked well.

BR,

Prakash K

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Prakash K,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have tried to locate the value "1,285" in the PSA but could not find.

I have deleted the request from Data Target and PSA and reloaded it but again and again; I'm facing the similar issue/error.

1. How to locate/find the field and value which is causing the issue in the PSA?

2. How to fix the error?

Many thanks,

Tariq Ashraf

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tariq,

can u give a try , add intial zero's to 1285 value in PSA(ex.00000000001285) , and then try to load data again?

it seems it is issue with ALPHA Conversion.

Regards,

Hitesh

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

But how can I find/locate the value "1285" in the PSA table? Which data package it belongs and which field contains this value?

Regards,

Tariq Ashraf

former_member182878
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

Sorry for the delay and please follow below steps to find out error record.

In the DTP details screen under messages you find temporory storage, click on that and select the status colum --> go to filter --> in the selection box press f4 ---> select red color (error) --> then ok it will display only the record which is inconsistant then note down the primary key or some identical values then go to PSA and search you will be able to locate the error.

BR,

Prakash K

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member586947
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq Ashraf,

Try to enable error stack and rerun the DTP, so that the error records are pushed to error stack.

Regards,

Satya.

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tariq,

give a try!!!

Check the DTP setting for error record, if it is 100 then increse it to 99999 and try to load data again

Regards,

Hitesh

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Hitesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Where can I find the setting for "error record" in DTP which you are referring? Which values are you suggesting me to increase from 100 to 99999?

1. How can I find/locate the erroneous record in PSA table?

2. Which field of the PSA table is causing the issue/problem?

Many thanks,

Tariq Ashraf

former_member183519
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tariq,

have u tryed Jugal's suggestion ?

Anyways, that setting is under 'update' tab in DTP.

Regards,

Hitesh

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check on the actual error message (RSTRAN 301 I believe... first part is not visible in your screen shot - there are a few OSS notes on that message)

probably some strange value in that record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can debug the record number of segment 1 as you have displayed in your message. Or you can refer and analyse that record in the source / PSA.

One of the field routine is giving error. Also please check error stack if available for details ?

Thanks

former_member189979
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jugal,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I do not have error stack enabled. Does the segment 1 means data package 1 in the PSA table and record number is 1514? I do not have any routine or calculation into my transformations.

I have gone through the records in the PSA Table; but could not find any value with wrong format. Following is the another error description from DTP Monitor detail tab:

1. How can I know that which field of Datasource is causing the error?

2. How to resolve the issue?

Many thanks,

Tariq Ashraf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a comma in the number formating. Try to remove the ',' in the psa from 1,285 or change the user master setting for the thousand separator. This setting you can find in SU01D . Also you can define your own separator in the data source.

Does this error happens when you execute the step with your id or the batch user id ?

Thanks.