cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 404 - Not Found Error, HelloWorld application on free HCP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a new Hellow world xs application on the free trail version of HCP. When I run the .xsjs, am running into this error in subject. Is there a known issue with this trail version or do I need to correct the url as suggested?

https://s9hanaxs.hanatrial.ondemand.com/s0009772178trial/kiran/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.xsjs?_=Tue%20Se...

Error:

404 - Not found

We could not find the resource you're trying to access.
It might be misspelled or currently unavailable.

?

Possible solution

Please check the URL or try again later.

In case of ongoing problems please contact your system administrator

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kiran,

are the files ".xsapp" and ".xsaccess" in your project location.

If not add the files:

• .xsapp with content "{}"
  • .xsaccess with content "{ "exposed" : true }"

Without the files, no access is possible to your xs sources.

Best Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Florian. It worked like a charm

Can you please explain the purpose of each of these?

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

".xsapp" is the "identifier" file for an XS application. W/o the content would not be recognized as XS application.

In the ".xsaccess" file you can define several settings regarding the access of an XS application. The property "exposed" for example, steers if the content of the specific package (and subpackages) can be accessed via HTTP.

For more information you can have a look to The Application-Access File - SAP HANA Developer Guide for SAP HANA Studio - SAP Library.

Best Regards,

Florian

dionisio_ambrona
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem now, but the .xsapp and .xsaccess files did not solve the problem.

I created hello.xsjs application following guide in SAP HANA Cloud Documentation: SHCP > Product Overview > Get Started > SAP HANA Getting Started > Creating an SAP HANA XS Application (SAP HANA Cloud Platform) and tested launching it from SAP HANA Web-based Devwlopment Workbench. All I get is:

https://s10hanaxs.hanatrial.ondemand.com/s0007765223trial/mysaphanatrialinstance/hello/hello.xsjs?_=...

with:

404 - Not found

We could not find the resource you're trying to access.
It might be misspelled or currently unavailable.

?

Answers (0)