cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Tax Classification Not Mandatory for Specific Combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Currently the tax classification on the customer (Billing) and material (Sales Org 1) Tab are mandatory fields.

I have a requirement where in the customer does not want to maintain the tax classification on the Customer and Material master for a specific country only.

Is there a way to not make the field not mandatory for a specific country only? Is there any screen exit or module pool program that can be enhanced.

Pl. advice.

Regards,

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thank you for your inputs.

I have used BADI_MATERIAL_REF for Material master and an implicit enhancement for customer master.

The above have been used to auto populate the value at the time of creation.

Thanks,

Sunny

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tax classification is assigned to countries in OVK1 and even if you don't maintain here also, system would give an error when you try to save a customer master without maintaining tax classification.  This is due to the field set as mandatory for Sold-To account group in standard. 

What is the business requirement to have such a requirement?  Even if tax is exempted, you need to maintain tax classification.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lakshmipathy,

The reason is the business does not want to maintain the tax classification for all their existing customers and materials that will not be serviced / delivered by the new plant.

Is there a way to maintain a default value during creation / change of a material / customer?

Thanks,

Arnab

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Arnab,

For customer master data, you could use mass maintenance XD99.

For material master data, you could use BADI BADI_MATERIAL_REF, method CREATE_MATERIAL.

Best regards,
Crystal Lin

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use transaction MASS both for customer and material master change.

For big volumes of data it is better to use LSMW though.

As far as I know you cannot set default data for tax classification at customer/material creation in standard.

It could possible to preset some default values with a z-program for master data creation as well, but it is not really worth the effort for SAP standard fields.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Why do you want to put Tax Classification field BLANK ??

If you does not want to keep tax for respective customer/ material put there zero then system will not consider it as per tax condition record exist.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

From technical point of view, I could share following information with you:

1. attribute of field "tax classifications" in customer master data(KNVI-TAXKD) => can be changed in transaction OVT0;

2. attribute of field "tax classifications" in material master data(MG03STEUER-TAXKM) => can be changed in transaction OMSR.

From business requirement pointof view, I am not sure in which situation it is necessary to change these fields to opitional. As mentioned by Veselina Peykova, country tax legislation is a very sensitive topic. Therefore, please consider your business requirement fully and test it carefully before changing
this customizing.

Please let me know if this is helpful or not.

Best regards,

Crystal Lin

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why does the customer not want to maintain tax classifications in the customer and material master data?

• Don't they have any kind of taxation in that country?

• Or they have VAT, but the customer does not want to fill the upload templates with the same data (all customers pay the same VAT %, VAT % is the same for all products and services and it posted to the same accounts)?
  • Or there is some other reason which you did not mention?

The approach could be quite different in any of these cases and country tax legislation is a too sensitive topic to provide any solution without having the relevant information.