cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage type to be used for WM control cycle set up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we have set up our storage types by storage temperature and would like to keep track of the storage temperature during production staging as well.
We therefore plan to define more than the 100 storage type which then should be used in the production staging process.

Standard WM movement type (319) for replenishment is not defined with a specific source/ Destination storage type.

I was wondering if it is possible to not only stage into/ consume from storage type 100 using control cycles, but to set up a control cycle with a storage type different to 100 (i.e. 101, 102,...109, etc.)?
Is there any known Impact to the WM-PP Interface if we would proceed with a different storage type than 100?

Thanks a lot in advance for your feedback.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sushant_wanjari
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Annette,

There is no such restriction on creating more than one production storage type. The question is how many such production storage types you want to create as you would have to do following set of configuratoins/master data for each of them -

1. Create new st. type by copying 100

2. Create new replenishment mvm type by copying 319

3. Assign replenishment mvm type to the new st. type

4. Create new supply areas

5. Create control cycles linking your supply area to the production storage types.

I would suggest you create storage types for a certain tempreature range - e.g. 10 to 20 Degrees, etc.

What you want to achieve is certainly possible, but, you need to make best possible considerations in not creating too many storage types.

Kind Regards,

Sushant

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To the best of my knowledge there is no impact as long as you set up the new storage type in control cycle and all other attribute of new storage type is similar to storage type 100. Also assignment of movement type with reference to storage type (Mvt  319)