cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Occurrence of Unexpected Event NOT PROPAGATING to TM FO/FU

Former Member
0 Kudos

When reporting an unexpected event to the FO Handler it is properly propagating to the TM FO and then to the TM FU. HOWEVER, when I send the same unexpected event code a second time the event is not propagating to the FO, rather it is staying as "read from EM". I have reviewed the logs and I see that the logic to send it to TM is being called with no errors, nothing stopped in queue, and no dumps....

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolution:

At this time this is no longer an issue for us as we are not sending any of our events to be propagated. Instead when an event is reported on the FO/FB handler I use a Z_RESEND_MULTIPLE activity to send to each of the FU event handlers. This allows us to not be concerned with locations and the struggles of mapping carrier locations to internal TM locations. As a result of not propagating events we don't have the issue of TM propagation. There may be a scenario in the future where we are stuck at the same point described but until that day comes we continue to build the solution.

Thanks again for all of the assistance and knowledge.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Refer to my note in other thread about stop category. I am guessing it will resolve this issue as well.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Is this unexpected event transferred from SAP TM -> SAP EM? If yes, can you give us screen shot of rule set for this unexpected event?

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopi,

The unexpected event is transferring from SAP EM FO handler -> SAP TM FO -> SAP TM FU -> SAP EM FU handler. However this only happens the first time, the second time the event code is reported the logs show that it was sent from EM to TM but failed to propagate and stayed in EM on the FO handler.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacab,

Can you give me screen shot (masking customer information) and which system you are seeing this log?

Regards

GGOPII

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

have you checked the list of notes that Sukumar provided above? Please ensure that these notes are implemented (or SP is high enough). Please let us know, if the issue still occurs. Please also ensure that report /SCMTMS/PROCESS_TRIGGER_BGD is executed periodically.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I have applied all of the notes and processed the report but still no dice. We have actually decided to propagate from FO/FB to FU handler within TM rather than going to TM. Primarily due to our carriers not having our internal location codes and to avoid the mappings from all of our carriers.

The main issue I'm facing now is that we have set up the FU handler to report all events as unexpected and they are reporting on the handler fine but they are not displaying in the TM FU execution tab??? haha Always something....

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

what I understand is that the event messages for the unexpected events are visible on the EM UI, but not on the TM execution tab for the FU?

Which display mode are you using for the FU (-> TOR Type settings -> "Display Mode for Execution Tab")?

Please check the troubleshooting guide for further ideas on what to check.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

The events are displayed within the FU handler under the EM Handler lists. The events are not displaying within the TM execution tab even though the 'Display Mode for Execution Tab' is 'Actual Events from TM and EM, Expected Events from EM'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Is it happening to all events( or you see some and don't see some) and all FU doc types?

Thanks,

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishnu,

Yes it is happening will events that are reported to FU handlers. Again the events are working/reporting fine within the FU handler I'm just not able to see the reference to them up in the TM FU document (Execution).

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you have set the execution tracking relevance to "Execution Tracking with External Event Management" for the FU TOR Type?

If yes and there are no events displayed from EM you can debug method /SCMTMS/CL_TOR_HELPER_EVENT->GET_EH_DATA and check if the data is correctly read from EM.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

I may look at other threads regarding the TM FU Execution information not matching the EM FU handler. It's strange because if I report events within EM nothing is displayed up in the execution tab but then when I propagate 1 event from TM FO to FU they all appear? I look at other threads and if the answer isn't obvious after you read this I may open a new thread.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

After debugging it was determined that OSSN 2071295 was required.

Thanks again for the help.

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Check the /SCMTMS/D_TOREXE table in TM using PARENT_KEY from  EH TOR_ROOT_K.

"Read from EM" shown in execution info only if the event information not exist in table  /SCMTMS/D_TOREXE.

schedule the batch job in TM using program /SCMTMS/PROCESS_TRIGGER_BGD using trigger id PROPAGATE_EXECUTION_INFO.

Refer the below OSS notes for TM event loss. Can i know the TM version ?

0002095891   No stop is determined for unexpected event that has been propagated from SAP EM to SAP TM

0002095946   Update of execution information gets lost due to locking issue

0002096740   Propagated unexpected events do not create new execution information

0002098174   Unexpected event that is propagated from SAP EM is not processed in SAP TM

0002099044   No stop is determined for unexpected event that has been propagated from SAP EM to SAP TM(2)

0002100110   Update of execution information gets lost due to locking issue (2)

thanks and regards

Sukumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

Put the external break points in

1)

FM: /SAPTRX/TMS_CHANGE_EXEC_INF on the following line:

IF lv_in_background = abap_true.

2) SE24 = /SCMTMS/CL_TOR_EXEC_PROCESS method EXECINFO_PROCESS

Put a breakpoint on the line "IF NOT lt_modify IS INITIAL".

Once you have breakpoints, first make "lv_in_background = SPACE" manually during run time.

Then it should hit the second breakpoint and the following modify ans save methods.

Based on this we will know where the issue is.

FYI: I am able to propagate to EM multiple times to FO with custom ruleset ( no BADI's though ).

Thanks,

Vishnu