Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate reverse settlement by cancelling memo request

former_member1379176
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue with a user that created settlements against two rebate agreements that they want to reverse the settlement on and pay in full. The y both have a status of "C". Both have credit memo requests, and one has had a credit memo that was cancelled. We have tried to delete the memo request, but the document cannot be deleted. We have also rejected all the line items, but it still does not change the agreement status back to "A" or "B" so a payment can be made.

I have read up on this, but do not know the best or easiest way to be able to get the agreements paid, in terms of getting the status changed so it is editable, copying the agreement to a new one, etc. If you have experienced something like this before and could suggest the best way to handle or how you were able to do it, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Zack

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alex_zheng
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zack,

If the status is D in your areement, you may take a look at SAP Note 392683 - Status of a rebate agreement  for this.

If it is absolutely required to change a final settlement affected rebate agreement again, you can proceed as follows:

1. Cancel the final settlement.

2. Set the payment value in the credit memo request for the final settlement to zero.

3. Settle again - this time with the payment value = 0.00.

4. Copy the old agreement to a new agreement. This is created retroactively.

5. Then you can change and settlemt the copied agreement.

If you're using the 'old' rebate procedure, the functions of control run according to Note 174941 are available as well.

In case that the status is C for the rebate agreement, usually it'll be reset to B after deleting the rebate credit memo request. Is there any error during the deletion of rebate credit memo request?

Regards,

Alex

former_member1379176
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your thoughts. We did the work around to settle the agreements and copy them to settle against the copied ones correctly. I forgot to close this out so I will do this now.

Answers (0)