cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-Demand Subreport Requires Database Logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read all the posts regarding this topic on the forums and have tried the solutions, to no avail.

I have a report with a subreport.  Both are pointing to the same Oracle server temp_table and stored procedure.

As of last week, this report ran fine in BI Launchpad and Central Management Console.

Now, when the report is run with the Database Configuration setup to "Use same database logon as when report is run", even though the main report and subreport point to the same table, the subreport is empty.

When I change the option of "When viewing and scheduling report" to "Prompt the user for database logon (viewing only)", I am able to go through the process of running the report, logging on for the subreport and getting data in both main and subreport.

Again, I have set and reset the database location and verified it.  The only change I've made to the report in the last week is adding a "no data found" message that looks for a field to be null, then display the message.

I am using SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 5 Patch 2 (Version 14.1.5.1568).

I am using Crystal Reports 2013 Support Pack 5 Path 2 (Version 14.1.5.1568).

What am I missing?

Thank you,

Erin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

So an update...  Another report is having issues with the custom database configuration.  When run with that option, all fields completed, the report returns no data.  If I clear the Database field, I return data.  If I use the original database logon information, I return data.

Don't know if these two are related - am trying to get in touch with the admins, but maybe the problem is higher up?

Thank you,

Erin

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you refresh the report and provide the database credential and save it back to CMS repository after the refresh is completed successfully and the data is rendered in Crystal Report 2013 client?

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

I did just as you asked (I *think*) and opened the report, ran it - checked the subreport - data in both.  While it was up, saved it to another location on the reports server.  Then I kept the original database configuration, just adding the password, and unfortunately, once scheduled and run - the main report had data, the subreport remained empty.

Thank you for the idea.

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This database logon error may be related to SAP KB 2075414 - Crystal Reports RAS SDK replace database connection fails on AIX on http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2075414.

It says that this replace crystal report database connection issue is addressed and fixed on BI4.1 FP5.4 and above.  Since you are on BI4.1 FP5.2, can you install FP5.4 or above onto your sandbox and validate it?

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin-Chong,

Would you believe that my work Internet access is so locked down that I can't access this document?

Unfortunately, I cannot do anything in an administrative capacity, so I'm going to forward your message to those who can.  Maybe they'll have better access than I do and can read this.  I'll be sure to look when I get home.

Thank you again!

Erin