Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Info object with attribute only option can be included in DSO and not in Info cube .Why

Hello SAP BW Gurus!!

I have come across with several threads to understand the functionality of the Attribute only option of an info object

I understood the following thigs

1.  Take any info object and if you do not check the option as attribute only , this object can be added as an attribute to another char info object and

by default the attribute is display attribute . If you wanted to make the attribute behavior as navigational attribute ( to use similarly char info object) you can change it to navigational attribute.

2. But if you have an info object , explicitly you checked that attribute only option , once you add this info object as an attribute to another info object it behaves just like display attribute . you cannot change it to display attribute . That means without having main char info object , you cannot use this info object in query(generally it is possible thru navigaional attributes)

IS my understanding is correct ???

And i have main doubt on the below statement

1. If you mark one info object as attribute only , you cannot use this info object in Info cube

2. But you can use this info object in DSO?

May i know the reason why it is given like that ? If you are able to include this object in DSO , why we will not be able to  include in infocube ?

Final doubt..

Once you mark an object is attribute only and this is being used in multiple places in bw (different info providers ) can we uncheck it and vice versa i.e

Initially object is not marked as attribute only , this object is being used in multiple data providers . can we change the object to attribute only?

Kindly clear the above questions

Thanks

Teja

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question