cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info object with attribute only option can be included in DSO and not in Info cube .Why

teja_divya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP BW Gurus!!

I have come across with several threads to understand the functionality of the Attribute only option of an info object

I understood the following thigs

1.  Take any info object and if you do not check the option as attribute only , this object can be added as an attribute to another char info object and

by default the attribute is display attribute . If you wanted to make the attribute behavior as navigational attribute ( to use similarly char info object) you can change it to navigational attribute.

2. But if you have an info object , explicitly you checked that attribute only option , once you add this info object as an attribute to another info object it behaves just like display attribute . you cannot change it to display attribute . That means without having main char info object , you cannot use this info object in query(generally it is possible thru navigaional attributes)

IS my understanding is correct ???

And i have main doubt on the below statement

1. If you mark one info object as attribute only , you cannot use this info object in Info cube

2. But you can use this info object in DSO?

May i know the reason why it is given like that ? If you are able to include this object in DSO , why we will not be able to  include in infocube ?

Final doubt..

Once you mark an object is attribute only and this is being used in multiple places in bw (different info providers ) can we uncheck it and vice versa i.e

Initially object is not marked as attribute only , this object is being used in multiple data providers . can we change the object to attribute only?

Kindly clear the above questions

Thanks

Teja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Attributes only - its can  be used as display attribute only. but it can have master data.

We can't make this info object as navigational.

Why can't add to cubes - Because Cube follows extended star schema concept.

Extended star schema you might be familiar with it.

DSO - its just like tabular structure with rows/columns. Any type of info obejct can be added.

Thanks

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

is the following note helpful (not to implement, just to read)...

145885 - Navigation att. for InfoCube cannot be selected

Perhaps it is due to the way you are referencing the attribute,

thanks,

Colm

P.S. What is your SP level?

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

can you please specify the InfoObjects you are trying to add, it may be that they are of a format that is not supported for this functionality. i.e. there are several types, e.g. DPA IOBJ's.

Also, please advise if the dataflow is 7.x or 3.x.

With 3.x dataflows you need to specify an InfoArea to use the query functionality. You can set the InfoObject to behave like an InfoProvider.

The more information we have available on what you attempted, including the technical names of the IOBJ's etc, the more assistance people will be able to offer,

thanks,

Colm