Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Vendor with vmd_ei_api=>maintain_bapi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your help:

I'm able to create vendors using class method  vmd_ei_api=>maintain_bapi.

My question is, what's the way to do if the vendor already exists and just want to create it for another company. For example: Vendor AAAA exists for company 1000. I want to extend this vendor to compay 2000. Is it possible using  vmd_ei_api=>maintain_bapi?

Thanks and regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to achieve my requirement. If the vendor allready exists just add all the information to structure gs_vmds_extern-vendors-company_data.

Put value 'M' (Create/Modify) in field  gs_vmds_extern-vendors-header-object_task and value 'I' (Create) in field gs_vmds_extern-vendors-company_data-company-task

4 REPLIES 4

former_member210541
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Must be, as I can see there is a COMPANY_DATA structure in IS_MASTER_DATA parameter

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can read current company information with VMD_EI_API_EXTRACT=>GET_DATA

Then create new company record with VMD_EI_API=>MAINTAIN_BAPI.

You have to look at deep structure VMDS_EI_MAIN (IS_MASTER_DATA)

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to achieve my requirement. If the vendor allready exists just add all the information to structure gs_vmds_extern-vendors-company_data.

Put value 'M' (Create/Modify) in field  gs_vmds_extern-vendors-header-object_task and value 'I' (Create) in field gs_vmds_extern-vendors-company_data-company-task

kyo_choi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.  It worked for me.