cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to extract a hierarchy from an infoobject?

martin_lehmann4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

according to this discussion: " Are Export DataSources always 3.x format? Can they be migrated to 7.0 DTP? " I suppose that export datasources won't be used with BW 7.4. But how is it possible to extract a hierarchy from an IO as InfoProvider without using an export datasource? We need this technique to replicate a hierachy on CU from one BW system to another.

This new 7.x datasource should have all the segments of a hierarchy: "Hierarchy header", "Header texts", "Hierarchy nodes" and "Node texts". How can this be done manually?

The attempt to migrate the old export datasource caused this error:
"Export DataSource xyz (client abc) in myself system: Object type RSDS not possible
Message no. RSDS163".

Best regards, Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

If I understood the question correctly, you have a Hierarchy in BW system A which you want to make available in BW system B.

Although I cannot reproduce this constellation, please try to proceed as follows:

1. Generate an Export DataSource for the Characteristic in BW system A;

2. Replicate the DataSource in BW system B (as 7.0);

3. Create a Transformation from DataSource to Characteristic Hierarchy in BW system B *).

*) Map the InfoObjects in the various segments (I expect that many of them will be mapped automatically).

Best regards,

Sander

martin_lehmann4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

many thanks for your hints - if I understand you right, it's ok to work with the old 3.x export datasources yet (until today, there aren't any 7.x export datasources)? But if we replicate such a datasource to system B with BW 7.4 (as 7.x datasource), we get this error while activating the hierarchy extractor in system B:

Syntax error in GP_ERR_RSAPTH3, row 30 (-> long text)

Message No. RG102

Diagnosis

Der Satz mit "...LIKE" am Ende wurde unerwartet abgeschlossen.

Are there any hints for that?

Best regards,

Martin

Message was edited by: Martin Lehmann

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

To my knowledge there are only 3.x Export DataSources possible right now. In your case this is not an issue since you generate such an Export DataSource in BW system A and replicate it in BW system B.

Re. the error you are facing during activation of the replicated 7.0 DataSource, I found SAP Note 2113639 - Activation of Hierarchy DataSource - GP_ERR_RSAPTH3. Please review the SAP Note, implement the referenced SAP Notes and run the correction programs if applicable.

Best regards,

Sander

sergey_stupakov1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sander,

I got the same issue. But I can't understand how note SAP Note 2113639 - Activation of Hierarchy DataSource - GP_ERR_RSAPTH3 can help.

I ran the report ZROOHIECAT_REPAIR from the note but it's working with record from ROOHIECAT table, which doesn't exist until the datasource is not activated:

SELECT * INTO TABLE lt_ohiecat

FROM roohiecat

WHERE oltpsource IN ( SELECT oltpsource FROM roosource

WHERE oltpsource IN so_osnam

AND objvers EQ 'A'

AND type EQ 'HIER'

AND tfmethods EQ space

)

AND objvers EQ 'A'

Can you advise something?

Best regards,

Sergey