cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Agreement

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a scenario where the data is moving from the SAP R/3 server to a third party database via the XI. I found that the data transfer from SAP R/3 server to XI do not need any Sender Agreement.

My question is: Does SAP R/3 does not need any sender agreement?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are 3 mehods for communication btwn R/3 and XI:

If u r using IDoc communication,no need of a sender agreement.Because Idoc gets triggered from R/3 side (use ALE) and reaches to XI with the help of RFC destination.

If u r using RFC communication,u need a sender agreement.

If u r using proxy, no need of sender agreement again. Porxy is an adapterless communication. Here also RFC destination is required.Proxy uses various methods for different types pf communication, for ex. synchronous,asynchronous etc..Proxy exists in R/3 side,uses the message interface created in XI and communicates with XI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi satarupa...thanks for ur answer..but clarify..

"If u r using RFC communication,u need a sender agreement.".....

what i get from all answers..that if an adapter is present on the ABAP stack i.e, the integration engine...we need no sender agreement....

does that means RFC adapter is not in the IE of XI(abap stack)...where it is present....java stack????

pls do clarify me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Components of Java Stack of SAP Web Appln Server includes Adapter Engine.

RFC adapters runs as a service in J2EE enviorment of Adapter Engine.

Hope this solves your query.

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi sudeep,

That means, I.E. can understand the Idoc T.P. and M.P. But I.E. couldn't understand the RFC T.P. and M.P. A.E.can understand the Rfc M.P. and T.P. and it will make that I.E. understandable format.

I.E. -> Integration Engine

M.P. -> Message protocol

T.P. -> Transport protocol.

Regards,

Deviprasad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes u r right...Idoc adapter is present in ABAP stack.No need of sender agreement.U can send an Idoc to XI by triggerring it from R/3 side.

Now let me tell u about RFC adapter:

Remote Function Calls are ABAP programs in R/3 system. In RFC you have import and export parameters. Using those parameters you will pull the data from SAP system ( R/3 system ) .So where exactly Java comes into picture? It invokes RFC call.

RFC adapter uses SAP JCo to generate RFC XML document (XML message) from the RFC metadata and transfers it for further processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If data you are sending by IDoc then you dont need sender agreement , because IDoc is already existed on Integration Engine, so no need to use IDoc sender adapter .

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chandra ...ur statement is very much correct...

"because IDoc is already existed on Integration Engine,"...u mean to say ...IDOC adapter is present in the IE of XI...isint it?

that means if a particular adapter is present in the ABAP stack..i.e., the IE of XI...we need not have a communication channel...it means if an adapter ...like JDBC or File adapter which is on J2ee stack....we need to have a sender agreement.............correct? as we generally do ...

Now, will that rule always follow: "if an adapter is present on the abap stack i.e., the integration engine of XI....we dont need a sender agreement...AND if the adpater is on java stack...we need a sender agreement"...

clarify me pls...............

and thanks for always helping us

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

yes you little bit correct, see the IDoc and Http Adapters are on IE, so you dont need to hace the sender communication channel and no need to have the sender agreement, remaining adapters which are resides on Adapter Engine , you should have the CC and sender agreement.

But for Proxies no need of adapters , there we will use Xi adapter.

I hope it is clear.

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is helpful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chandra ************************************* this query is important

1 more doubt.............i thought Adapter Engine resides on the ABAP stack(integration engine)....now i think its wrong...its not in the ABAP stack(integration engine)......... its on the java stack...

whats diffrence between AE and central AE.....can u highlight this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are little bit of wrong ,

see Integration Engine , Business Process Engine both are on ABAP Stack, rest of all components(AE,SLD,IR,ID,Component monotiring..) are on JAVA Stack

See the below link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30f8bd90-0201-0010-dd9a-c8a7f52c...

Regrads

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are little bit of wrong ,

see Integration Engine , Business Process Engine both are on ABAP Stack, rest of all components(AE,SLD,IR,ID,Component monotiring..) are on JAVA Stack

See the below link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30f8bd90-0201-0010-dd9a-c8a7f52c...

Regrads

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not required if you are using ABAP proxy or IDOC adapter.

Required if you are using RFC adapter.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

yeah thanks..

i know its not required to have a communication channel or a sender agreement on my XI, if an IDOC is sent to the XI........... but technically the concept is still fade,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

when an IDOC is sent from an R/3, it needs to reach the IDOC adapter(inbound side) of my XI.........

but still the concept of adapters .... its not clear to me...........can u provide me a blog............. to explain the technicality........

i dont know what an ALE is