cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range for Customer Contact Persons

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Contact persons for customer can be created from customer master and VAP1 transaction.

Currently system is giving me a unique number every time I save.  That number range doesn't exist in SNRO or SNUM.

My question is from where it is picking the current number range? 

I want to make customer contact person number range as external and assign one contact person to multiple customers.  If any one of you have done it please suggest.

Regards,

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chandra,

As already suggested by Jurgen L, regarding the Contact person number range. I would like to add here that SAP has provided number range interval as "AP" for it and can be maintained in the above mentioned or in Tcode VPN1.

However, after reading your last paragraph, I think the below link will give you a better idea for your requirement. Please find the below link and let me know if this helps or not.

Sales employee | SCN

Thanks,

Suman$

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you think from where the system will pull the next number if there would not be a number range?

And why should your colleagues defined a different way for contact person number  than for any other number in the system?

Try it again in SNUM and use the object PARTNER,

I actually doubt that you can use external numbers, VAP1 has not even a field to enter an external number.