SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter reading reason not shown in el01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Experts,

When I display meter reading order via tcode EL31, I can choose out of 31 reasons

but I'm creating meter reading order via tcode EL01 I can choose only out of 5 reaons.

I would like to know where is this configured/defined in the customizing that I get limited list in EL01.

When is meter reading reason 11 of 16 used ?

See attached screenshot

Thanks,

Thierno.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierno,

The MR reasons that are getting displayed in EL01 are coming from a standard FM,

DYNP_VALUES_READ, under include program, LEL01I00.

Based on the value of the output, System determines a particular domain type configured in SAP.

In this case, it determines the domain type as ABLESGRU.

Now this domain contains only  5 values which are getting displayed  in EL01.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,
Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierno,

The MR reasons that are getting displayed in EL01 are coming from a standard FM,

DYNP_VALUES_READ, under include program, LEL01I00.

Based on the value of the output, System determines a particular domain type configured in SAP.

In this case, it determines the domain type as ABLESGRU.

Now this domain contains only  5 values which are getting displayed  in EL01.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,
Amlan

0 Kudos

Yes - certain MR reasons cannot be entered manually as they are part of a bigger process, e.g. move-in meter reading, or disconnection meter reading.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierno,

As Amlan and William pointed out, SAP has defined standard Meter reading reasons which you can see in EL31. These reasons are used by SAP programs in different processes. So reasons are used for Meter reading entry which you can see in EL01, Some used in Business process as William mentioned of Disconnection, Device Modification etc, and some are used for Interpolation of meter readings.(check SPRO for DM->Meter Reading->Meter Reading Order->Order Creation->Define Priority of MR Reasons for Interval Check).

You can define your own reasons too but keep in mind that the standard SAP program would not use them,so generally not recommended. Check Tables TE609,TE610,TE611.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com