Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Task not created after using Exception Handling

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI All,

We have configured an exception code in our EWM system to cater the needs of difference picking.

So, whenever the physical stock in bin is say less than the requried quantity, then system should pick the available bin quantity and create an additional warehouse task for picking the remaining quantity.

Now after configuring exception code i am able to pick the lesser quanity for my outbound delivery created through transaction /n/scwm/sgi or for any outbound deliveries pushed from ECC for 201 or 551 movements and my tasks are also being confirmed correctly. But i am unable to see the new task created to pick the remaining quantity. And my delivery is lying in Partially Completed status. Not sure where if i am missing any configuration.

Any inputs will be be very helpful.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

can you please explain how this was resolved ?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you give a little bit more details how you have set up the exception code?

I assume you used the exception code BFRP and the process parameter BFRP.

Did you also activate the replenishment strategy for your storage type (replenishment strategy 4, direct replenishment)?

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I am using a custom exception code ZBPP with Business Context - TPI and Step  - 5.

Internal Process Code as BIDP with No difference category.

At my WPT level, PkDnCntrl is Warning in dialog; automatic follow on action in background.

and PkDenlActn is Adjust Qty in warehouse request to picked quantity.

I am not using any replenishment strategy as of now. Is that what i need to configure ?

Regards,

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

no problem that you use a self defined exception code, the business context and step is also fine.

And now I understand your question differently, sorry, somehow I assumed you wanted to replenish into this bin.

"At my WPT level, PkDnCntrl is Warning in dialog; automatic follow on action in background"

OK, I never really understand the differences between the two options. But in the F1 help to the field it says

"Dependencies

You must activate pick denial at warehouse number level."

Did you do this?

"and PkDenlActn is Adjust Qty in warehouse request to picked quantity."

But that in my understanding would mean that you NEVER get another WT, as you reduce the quantity in the warehouse request. Does that happen? Probably not, as you wrote "And my delivery is lying in Partially Completed status". Also for this field the F1 help says

"Dependencies

An action is only performed if pick denial was activated at warehouse number level."

And this is some more text, you should probably read...

Sorry that I brought up the replenishment topic, don't know why I went for this...

Brgds

Juergen

shanuvaibhav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

1. You must activate pick denial at warehouse number level." Did you do this?

YES, it is activated at warehouse level.

2. Regarding thePkDenlAction - I thought it is requried so as to adjust my current warehouse task with the actualy quantity that i am picking from that particular bin. And i would need an additional task to pick the remaining quantity from other bin as well so as to cater my original delivery quantity which in my case is not happening.

Regards,

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"1. You must activate pick denial at warehouse number level." Did you do this?

YES, it is activated at warehouse level."

Hmpf... not sure what in the other settings had to be done (on WPT level and external to internal exception code) in such a case.

"2. Regarding thePkDenlAction - I thought it is requried so as to adjust my current warehouse task with the actualy quantity that i am picking from that particular bin. "

It says "Adjust Qty in warehouse request". The warehouse request is the outbound delivery order, so if everything is set up ok, the quantity should be reduced in there in NO new WT should be created.

Brgds

Juergen