Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDGC 7 UI concept

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have already come accross many definitions regarding MDG Customer UIs. I would like to understand what the difference is between

1. customer UI vs ERP customer UI
  2. customer UI vs customer like UI
  3. lean customer UI?

For the 2. point - all I know that customer UI is similar to the bp transaction, and customer like UI is similar to the xd* transactions (so in the first case BP partner is created originally, and if configured, customer too; but in the second case only customer data is created). Both CR type CUST1P1 or CUSTL1P1 type are included here?

I've already searched many places, but could you please help me what is the essential difference/relation between the above definitions?

Kind regards,

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

see http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-31870 for details.

Item 1) of your list does not exist.

Items 2 & 3) are explained by the link above.

Best regards

Michael

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you for your answer, but for the 1.) point: could you then help me to understand what do they mean then by customer/ERP customer UI in the selected customizing activity? It implies that there is a difference. Maybe because I find CVI integration option under 'ERP Customer UI (Alternative to the Customer UI)' that's supposed to be the customer UI, and the other one is the customer like UI?

Also the MDG7 feature pack:

maybe by mistake they mean 'Customer UI' when they say 'ERP Customer UI' and when they mean 'Customer like UI' they say Customer UI?

Accordingly I have checked the documentation under both options.

ERP Customer UI:

Customer UI:

However, I can create 2 type of change requests in my system. I've checked the workflow containers behind and they are CUST1P1 and CUSTL1P1 .- none of the above. Then how should I know which UI type I'm using (customer, customer like, or lean)? Maybe through the UI application configs? CUST1P1 has BS_OVP_CU and CUSTL1P1 has BS_OVP_CU_CL (latter one is not even mentioned in the document that you have posted above).

Thanks and kind regards,

Tamas

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

ERP Customer UI and Customer Like UI are synonyms. Both terms relate to the UI configuration that looks like the ERP Customer transactions and thus hide some complexity of the business partner based "Customer" UI.

Best regards

Michael

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you for the clarification.

Thanks,

Tamas

Answers (0)