cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Days of Supply in IBP?

Former Member

Hi,

I would like to know if we have an option for Safety Days of Supply configuration in SAP IBP?

Regards,

Manaswini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Manaswini,

If your requirement is to fulfill demand for next N periods in current bucket, then it can be achieved using key figure SUBPERIODSOFSUPPLY which is at PERPRODLOC level.

This is maintained as Input for supply planning and you can enter number of days for which you want receipt to be generated in current bucket.

Thanks,

Rohit

anil_gupta8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Manaswini

Rohit  explained correctly  how to view a period ( eaxmple month;y )  into numbe rof days for safety stock in days  Addiionally  key figure that shows  safety days after maintaining the subperiod is  COVERAGE -projected supply

Hope this helps

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the information. I copied SAP2 and running the Supply planning. In that i'm not able to find the SUBPERIODSOFSUPPLY Key Figure. Do i need to use another SAP model or can you please advice is there any other way on how to proceed with this.

Thanks,

Manaswini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manaswini,

You can find it in SAP delivered model SAP4

Thanks,

Rohit

0 Kudos

HI colleagues

I think these KF are available from IBP 5 onwards if I am not mistaken

vivek

anil_gupta8
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

We are uisng in IBP 4.0 SUPPORT PACK  2 PATCH 1

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

Thanks for your response. I can see those Kf's in SAP4. Can you Please help me in merging those KF's into my Planning Area that i copied from SAP2. I want to use both functionalites from SAP2 and SAP4.

Thanks,

Manaswini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manaswini,

You can create this key figure by taking reference from SAP4 or try Simple copy with merge option. I think for safety days of supply you only require SUBPERIODSOFSUPPLY. For added supply planning functionalities i would suggest to copy SAP4 planning area rather than SAP2 and creating these KFs manually.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

Thanks for your reply. I tried both the ways. Created KF in copied Planning Area. Operator didn't picked the Key figure. When i try to enter some value in SUBPERIODSOFSUPPLY and run the operator it is not considering that value. I also tried to use Simple copy and merge that Key figure in my Planning Area. The result is, it is copying all the Key Figures and all the Master data from SAP4 and is getting added to my Planning Area. Can you please provide me if there is any alternate option.

Thanks,

Manaswini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manaswini,

The key figure subPeriodsOfSupply works in conjuncture with attribute LOTSIZEPOLICY in location-product master data. You can find this in SAP delivered MDT S4locationproduct. This attribute can have value 1 or 2 for static and dynamic period of supply respectively.

P.S- Its better if you do a advanced copy of SAP4 for all supply planning features rather than merge/manual creation since there can be many dependencies.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Rohith.

I completely configured the Supply Chain in my Planning Area. I want to avoid copying SAP4 and recreate all the existing keyfigures that I used for Demand Planning.

Can you please provide me any other possible solution so as to merge SUBPERIODSOFSUPPLY or COVERAGE only and add it to my existing Planning Area.

Regards,

Manaswini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manaswini,

You will have to create these key figures manually. You cannot merge only two KFs across planning areas. Make sure you also create lotsizepolicy as per earlier reply and then check if subperiodsofsupply is considered.

Thanks,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohith,

Thanks for your support and guidance. We are seeing results as expected.

Regards,

Manaswini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know that!

You can mark the thread 'Answered' and close

Thanks,

Rohit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manaswini,

I am facing the exact same issue.

I have the KF # SUBPERIODSOFSUPPLY in planning area and using lot size policy as 2.

Still heurisitc run not considering this input days in the key figure # SUBPERIODSOFSUPPLY.

What else am I missing?

Former Member

Hi Pravat,

Did you also maintain kf SUBPERIODNUM (number of subperiods in a period)?

Regards,

Marcel