cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong Profit Center assigned to WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

User was created project and assigned wrong profit center to project and wbs elements, then we are trying to change profit center for project but some wbs elements have actual and commitment cost ( i.e pr,po,migo & miro). Now we are not unable to change profit center some wbs elements.

Please help me on this.

Siddu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

once any business transaction done on that project wbs then you can not change the master data one solution for that if you are able to reverse those posting from project wbs then you would be able to change the profit center.

Regards,

Sanjeev

tejpal_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

Yes after posting cost on WBS system will not allow to change Profit center, its standard message.

Try to revert all cost (PR/PO) then change Profit center.

Hope this will solve your problem. I suggest to make same case in Development server before doing same in Production.

Regards,

Tejpal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tejpal,

It is not Standard.

You can even delete the Profit Center assignment to WBS whether or not the postings are taking place.

The actual flow happens only when the Settlement takes place, till then WBS holds the cost as an object and does not influence Profit Center directly

I just did try to post actual costs and Change Profit center, Delete Profit Center and save. all Scenarios worked fine

Regards

Vittal

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the "New G/L" the proft center on a WBS cannot be changed after any posting to the WBS.  But...you can change the message from an error to a warning provided you have considered the impact to FI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exactly is the 'New G/L` ?

I did simulate the Profit Center Change and deletion in two different Projects

It did save without any error or a message

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddu,

First check with your validation and see whether any logic is in place.

As suggested by Vittal, please provide screenshots.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siddu,

Are you getting any error?

Can you please share it?

Regards

Vittal