cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing & dynamic navigation & VC

0 Kudos

Hi all

i have a page wth a custom webdynpro iview in the dynamic navigation section of the page.the webdynpro app contains a tree & depending on which element in tree is clicked i want differnt iviews to appear on the right side

the right side iviews are developed in VisualComposer Flash & are independent of the tree webdynpro application.

Client side eventing is essentially working . i can populate the fields in the target iviews through clent side eventing

currntly i have ALL the target iviews on the right side of the page

what i need is to hide & show these iviews depending on which branch of tree is clicked

1 option was to use VC webdynpro compile option on the target apps & use Webdynpro component iviews & page service. & do a pageService.setDynamicIView(...) & pageService.showDynamicIView(...)

and not have all the iviews on the page at design time but have each of them called dynamically at run time & then fire the client side event to populate the fields

all i want to know is has any one done something similar & did it work successfully

another option was to have individual pages with the tree iview in Dynamic navigation & one target iview on the right & do a WDPortalNavigation. & workprotect mode(so that the tree maintains the state). but this causes major screen flashing as the whole page gets refreshed. so this is my last option

Any help is appreciated

thanks

Prasad badal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad badal,

I had a similar requirement some time ago. I did not figure out a useful way to dynamically display several iViews on one page. (Except for building a HTMLB page, which I didn't, as I have never worked with that before).

You could deploy all iViews in one single VC-Model.

Then display all iViews above each other. Depending on what tree element is selected, you display one iView and hide all others.

Best Regards, Benni